Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a supra but love the friendly competition of the MD guys. Its just awesome to have competition from Matt Miller, Silverbullet and a few other fast guys in Maryland. We went to the track tonight(MIR) to try out the new plugs and get a couple of shakedown runs under my belt. The first pass was not clean but was fast.
The track was slick so the car spun right off the line to a 1.45 60', I tagged the limiter on the 1-2 shift and ran it out clean after that....
60' 1.451 - .05 slower than my best
1/8 - 6.50 @ 108.xx
1/4 - 10.0 @ 138.xx

The car definitely has a 9 second pass in it considering we've got a 200 and 250 shot left. This is a 346 + 150 shot and still needs tuning.

The second pass I was stuck @ the back of the line and by the time I got to the burnout box the engine temps were @ 210, I warmed up the tires and staged the car with the temps still 205~. I struck the hides and the car took off but started knocking, shut it down after the bottom of 2nd.

We can't wait until the Import VS Domestic this year so we can have some great matchups. I think I need to step up the pace if I am gonna keep up with Matt Miller this year...I heard he is coming with something FAST!
Phil

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
congrats Phil. Your car is sick!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Phil99vette said:
I don't own a supra but love the friendly competition of the MD guys. Its just awesome to have competition from Matt Miller, Silverbullet and a few other fast guys in Maryland. We went to the track tonight(MIR) to try out the new plugs and get a couple of shakedown runs under my belt. The first pass was not clean but was fast.
The track was slick so the car spun right off the line to a 1.45 60', I tagged the limiter on the 1-2 shift and ran it out clean after that....
60' 1.451 - .05 slower than my best
1/8 - 6.50 @ 108.xx
1/4 - 10.0 @ 138.xx

The car definitely has a 9 second pass in it considering we've got a 200 and 250 shot left. This is a 346 + 150 shot and still needs tuning.

The second pass I was stuck @ the back of the line and by the time I got to the burnout box the engine temps were @ 210, I warmed up the tires and staged the car with the temps still 205~. I struck the hides and the car took off but started knocking, shut it down after the bottom of 2nd.

We can't wait until the Import VS Domestic this year so we can have some great matchups. I think I need to step up the pace if I am gonna keep up with Matt Miller this year...I heard he is coming with something FAST!
Phil
Phil,

Congrats! Sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you. You'll need that 250 shot for the import/domestic race. :stickpoke :) Goodluck getting your combo down. See you soon!!

Matt

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt,
Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I need to break out the 250 jets and start running some race gas to keep up. :bigthumb: What do you think will win our class this year?
Phil

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you done the full cage yet? I think if I start tuning the car for race gas and a 250 shot, I can probably go 9.8-9.7. She's pretty consistent @ the 60' mark. The slowest 60' was a 1.45, if I only made your HP!
Phil

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Its the last race of the season @ MIR. Weather is usually great, 40-50s. Its a street car class so full interior, max 26 x 10.5 slicks, factory transmission + one power adder.
Phil

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Phil99vette said:
The track was slick so the car spun right off the line to a 1.45 60'
:eek: Hell of a 60ft for spinning! Sounds like you have a pretty hot setup. I know a few people here in Houston with ZO6's and stock tranny's too. They have a hard time launching (on drag radials) past 3krpm without blowing out their rear ends. I don't know much about the C5 v. the Z06 platform but how are you cutting such wicked 60ft times on a stock tranny? Again...great ET.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drag radials are going to break alot of parts. ET streets are easier on parts since they have a soft widewall and the power comes in like a rubber band that is stretching. The key to these cars is a clutch that will slip on launch @ high RPM, tranny that is built + rear with the right shafts. The tires are not bolted to the rims so they also move about 1-2" per launch.
Phil

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Phil99vette said:
Drag radials are going to break alot of parts. ET streets are easier on parts since they have a soft widewall and the power comes in like a rubber band that is stretching. The key to these cars is a clutch that will slip on launch @ high RPM, tranny that is built + rear with the right shafts. The tires are not bolted to the rims so they also move about 1-2" per launch.
Phil
You are pulling out all the tricks to keep that thing together, never heard of anyone thats aware of tire to wheel slippage that doesn't use rim screws, but in your case its probably advantageous to let it go.

Out of curiosity, how consistent can you launch like that?

In other words out of your last 10 runs how many were 1.4's?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts