Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday,

I attended the Dayton F-body meet courtesy of the sponsor, Precision Autosports. I ended up making three passes of the day. Since I don't have my cage yet, I took it easy to see what they would do with a 1/8 mile pass. I ended up being the 2nd quickest car of the day behind a T-88 stroker motored collector's edition TA which busted out a 8.78 @ 168 MPH.

First pass:

16 psi slicks, 30 psi, 6500 2-step

1.93 60'
7.10 @ 111 1/8
11.56 @ 88 1/4 (0n the brakes due to the cage)

**This was againist my friend with T-64 built fox body.

The mustang only managed a 11.80 something due to fuel issues.

Second pass:

14.5 lbs in slicks, 30-31 psi, 6500 2-step

1.732 60'
6.85 @ 111 1/8
10.31 @ 141 1/4

Thrid pass verus a twin 57mm '04 Cobra on 315 DR's @ 18psi. This car has layed down as much RWHP as my car on 93 octane

14.5 lbs in slicks, 30-31 psi of boost, 2-step,

1.93 60'
7.1 @ 111 1/8
10.58 @ 141 1/4

This pass was downright scary as the car got sideways out of the hole and through the first three gears. I was within a foot or two of the right wall, but like an idiot, I stayed in it to bust out this time.

Getting closer to the 9's, but I must get my 60' to 1.6 or less to get there.

This was still on stock 89k bottom end, diff, tranny, driveshaft and full weight with stereo. The car is going under the knife again in multiple areas which should debut for TX2K7.

More info on both of the mustangs can be seen at www.precision-autosports.com.

DP

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats on the great times! Glad you didnt hit the wall :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What did the Mustang run? Just Curious.

Staats

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Congrats on the runs with a stock bottom end.

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jstaats said:
What did the Mustang run? Just Curious.

Staats
11.30 @ 133.5 on mass air with chipped stock ECU.

DP

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
Congrats Doug,

Great passes. You are getting better. Just a couple more nice runs and you'll get your 9.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats on the new best! Also props to you for keeping that beautiful car off the wall :bowdown:

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Congrats, but I think your running way too little air in the rear tires, I wouldn't go below 16 psi if I were you!

vnt :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If you are running stock fronts be careful not to run too little psi in the rears. I made a stupid mistake and ran 13 psi, did not do a big burnout and it was cold track and I hit the wall.

Staats

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jstaats said:
If you are running stock fronts be careful not to run too little psi in the rears. I made a stupid mistake and ran 13 psi, did not do a big burnout and it was cold track and I hit the wall.

Staats

I run full CCW drag pack on my ride. The track's prep was pretty shitty for the most of the day. Before my second run, they sprayed the track about 10 cars in front of me.

DP

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Nice runs Doug. Be careful out there and good luck on running in the single digits. I'm trying to get there too, let's see who gets there first. :bigthumb:

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
congrats Doug!!! that is awesome! just keep it off the walls ;)

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Nice job big man.....those are some stout times, keep up the good work and see where you can take it! :) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts