Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Fayetteville Sunday, hoping for better traction than I have had at Rockingham this year so far.

My first run, I spun when boost hit cause I didnt heat the new BFG's enough, ran a [email protected]! 2nd run, I heated the tires better and ran a [email protected]! Watched the video closely, and realized that the tires werent even turning over for the first 30 ft, that was the reason for two 1.75 60's.

I had the 50HP NOS jets in the car cause I was trying to tune it for a full run, which I decided against, just have the NOS on till boost hits 15 psi. So I swapped in the 56HP jet that I have always used, hoping to wake it up. It did! Next run was a 1.61 60' and I ran [email protected]!

Made two more runs, each time upping the NOS shot off the line, and turned the boost to 29 psi, all the other runs were 28 psi. With a 77HP shot off the line, I ran a [email protected] I only got a 1.63 60', still didnt turn a tire over on the launch! Last run, I used a 94HP shot off the line and ran a [email protected] with a 1.64 60', still not turning a tire over! I expected the extra NOS to smoke the tires! The extra boost picked it up some!

I guess I need to build some boost on the line because the converter isnt pushing it hard enough until the turbos spool-up. I was really trying for a 1.5 60' and a 10.1X! I did top my previous best MPH on every run but one, and ran a new best 60'! Fayetteville hooks great, but is about 1/10 slower than Rockingham, but the 1/4 MPH is the same, go figure!

Al

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Congrats Al! How are you launching the car? From your post it appears you aren't building any boost at the line? I found that by building 5-10psi powerbraking, *then* hitting the spray makes the car really jump off the line.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Congrats man! Sounds like you need a 150 shot or so. ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I dont build any boost on the line, just braked to stall speed and used a 56HP shot of NOS, which shuts off with a Hobbs switch when boost hit 10 psi. At the Rock, if I did any more than that I would blow the tires away! I did manage a couple of 1.63's at the Rock.

Not used to a sticky track! I figured going to the 77HP & 94 HP shots would lower the 60' the way changing from the 50HP to my usual 56HP jets did - I also had it stay on till 15 psi. Not real easy to build boost on the line. I can do it if I really try, but it just isnt consistant. If I get on a sticky track like that again, I will though!

Al

G

·
Time to hook up a "fuck you Hobbs switch, we're goin 9's" button. For real dude, have a button handy to mash if you feel it leave hard. You know you want to:)

Good times, I thought you'd like those BFG's

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They are even the smaller 255/50-16 size BFG's on NA rims.

Oh, I have always had one of those switches to overide Mr. Hobbs! The recommended NOS jets made the car lean when I tried to run it all the way down the track. I have to pick up a couple bigger fuel jets to tune it right next time! :gotnx:

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good runs Al. I see 9's right around the corner. I'm strongly considering a Supra powered project in the near future. If you come across any motors, let me know.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Congrats man!!

Don't tell me that's the same L10 tranny you have in the car since early last year!?!

And to think all this on those 255/50/16's - gonna step up to the n/a brakes and BIG DR's this winter? ;)

Jay

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ira, I will let you know if I hear of anything.

Thanks Philly, yes it is the same L10! I probably only have around 25 passes on it, and I am easy on the street with it. It works great!

I have no plans to change to the big DR's. I did originally want those 325/50-15's in a big way, but too much involved for the swap - NA brakes, fender & wheelwell mods, coil-overs, etc. Besides, I have a set of ET Streets that I used once, then took them off the rims & swapped in the BFG's. Will probably sell the ET's.

Al

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Great runs Al!

Adam

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
vntperformance said:
congrats, time for me to take your title with my new dyno number!!!!!!!! Good job al.

vnt ;)
Exactly what title are you taking?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! Val, I got 5 different NOS sets, ranging from 50-123HP just waiting in the wings! Seriously, I am going to finally try the 56HP shot all the way down the track, and this time it will be tuned right. ;)

Al

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Al,

What brand/stall speed converter are you currently running? Congrats, awesome MPH!

Andrew

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats again, Al!! Wish I could've been there. I'm just glad you didn't give up on ol' Fayetteville ;) You da man!

Brian

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
T6Rocket said:
Thanks guys! Val, I got 5 different NOS sets, ranging from 50-123HP just waiting in the wings! Seriously, I am going to finally try the 56HP shot all the way down the track, and this time it will be tuned right. ;)

Al
good luck, i thought about nos, but i have my doubts.....but who knows..

vnt

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
T6Rocket said:
I put the NOS kit on it for spool-up only, with thoughts of using it for HP gains if needed! 56HP is not much.

I am using the PI 3800 converter.

Al
Al:

Are you still on stock cams/gears??

Andrew

1 - 20 of 22 Posts