Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first time out - with the addition of 264 cams, I ran [email protected] . I knew that I needed more injector than the 680’s I was running – all they could support was 26 psi of boost with the new cams!

I put in 880cc injectors from SP and headed to the Rock Friday night to crank up the boost! Set it at 30 psi, and was surprised I had to add fuel pressure when the VPC/GCC would not richen things up. I thought I would be subtracting fuel, not adding with the bigger injectors! I had been running really rich at 19 psi.

Made two runs – [email protected] with a 1.54 60’, and [email protected] with a 1.50 60’. The runs felt great, but I had small misfires at high RPM’s - I was near 8000 RPM the whole run! I suspect the 82k mile coil packs, even though they check out okay.

Here is the timeslip, video hopefully coming soon!

60’ 1.502
330’ 4.133
1/8 6.343
MPH 110.88
1000 8.252
1/4 9.875
MPH 137.09

Thanks to BCSupra for all his help at the track, and HotSoup was there running 11’s in his auto BPU Supra.

On a side note, Phillip Long was also there in his Syclone truck. He ran [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] at only 25 psi on his new motor!

Al

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Al, Congrats once again!!! Very NICE runs. It was amazing to see you blast through while I was at the 1K marker watching!

Later,
Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,615 Posts
Wow!

Congrats on some fantastic runs. Care to share your set up?

Steve K.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're quite welcome for the help, buddy. The T6Rocket was definitely movin' out!! Very impressive passes, and I know there's more in her. Hard to complain with results like that from a 5 minute tune though. haha ;)

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Congrats Al, to have one of the cleanest and stock appearing cars running 9's is simply amazing. The other part of the story is this is NOT a trailer'd car, Im not even sure if the man owns a trailer or not. It is driven to and from the track!
Congrats again, next time maybe you can talk brian into running!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys!

I recently switched to M/T ET Street Radials. I think they are better than the BFG's, but I did cut a 1.49 with the BFG's last year. I am still running the Level 10 trans with a 3800 stall.

I think the MPH was a little low from the misfires, might be time for new coil packs!

Al

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thats great man, congrats. Get that setup polished up and you could see a couple more tenths.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Congrats Al!! Maybe you don't need a new manifold after all? :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts