Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track tonight. I was really anxious to see how the car runs with the addition of the huge stereo system I recently put in and it did [email protected] My old best time was [email protected]:) Didn't improve it by much, but the car was spinning slightly too...next time I am going to try and lower the pressure about 1.5lbs in the ET Streets to see if I can get the traction a little better.
Of course this was with the RPS Carbon Carbon clutch which is sooooo easy to launch with...you can slip it if you want...you can dump it if you want and either way it still acts the same exact way everytime. The clutch is very nice...still drives the same and has very smooth engagement all the time. Engagement is still quite a bit better than my Feramic clutch I used to have.

I just thought I would update everyone on here with the new best time even though its not the 9 second goal quite yet. I think it is just a 60' away and not 2lbs of boost away because I am trying to run the 9 with 30lbs and not have to turn it up to 32lbs of boost. Maybe I will just end up turning it up a couple pounds...not sure, but I am still going to try to run the 9 at 30lbs of boost first.:)

Also, Jason was there with his white Supra as well and put down [email protected] or so MPH in his automatic BPU Supra! He backed it up with a 11.34 and 11.39! I have it on video...I will probably post mine and his on here sometime so everyone can see it. You won't beleive this, but he did a 1.51 60' time...YOU HEARD IT RIGHT...a BPU (NO NITROUS) Supra did a 1.51 60'!!! That is incredible...nice Job Jason!

Take Care

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
Wow,

Congrats fellas on some great times. Get those vids posted! 9s are just a tick away.

Steve K.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks Tony and congrats. I am amazed on how aggressive your car is considering how soft you shift it. Again congrats and I can't wait hopefully I can get in the 10's with the nitrous this weekend.

Thanks Steve!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats on the new times, and good to see you're having luck w/ the carbon/carbon, I'm actually in the process of putting one in my Hardtop now. On a side note, that BPU car is running strong! I wish I was able to cut a 1.5x w/ my car. On my 11.30, the 60' was 1.74. -Nick

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Damn so close! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats Man! I knew you would love the Carbon setup at the track. It's hard to explain to people how consistant it really is.

And you better turn it up. You got till the 20th to figure out how to get in the 9's or your gonna get beat... :naughty:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Tony, congrats buddy, I knew you'd like the clutch, it's the best on the market! :)
Peter

B

·
0 Posts
wow ongrats! Did you get a chance to weigh your car with the new stereo?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boosted&Confused said:
wow ongrats! Did you get a chance to weigh your car with the new stereo?
I might end up doing that tomorrow. I will let everyone know afterwards if I get to weigh it.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went through my logs and would like to compare with other peoples logs. My air intake temp (measured right after the I/C) went from 81 degrees when I started the run and up to 122 degrees at the finish of the run.

Coolant temp went from 188 degrees to 190 degrees.

I shifted at 7600rpm from 1st to 2nd, 7450rpm from 2nd to 3rd and 7350rpm from 3rd to 4th. I let 4th run out to 7400rpm and it netted the 140.44mph. I am getting a little better at letting it "wind out" since I am thinking about it more now.:)

I remember letting off just slightly at the end of the track last night because I didn't want to bang the rev limiter (my tach showed 7800rpm...I know our tachs are off, but wasn't sure by how much) and sure enough the log shows it. I know it still wouldn't have been good enough for a 9 though even if I would have stayed all the way in it...probably a 10.03 or something.:)

In 1st gear I can see where I got out of it and then back into it...I must have felt wheelspin or something because I don't remember doing that. I was at 5800rpm on the 2-step and built around 7lbs of boost which is PLENTY to take off with! I was slipping the clutch to try and not put down too much power all at once just to keep the tires from spinning!

AFR was running a steady 10.8-11.0 on every single run.:) I probably need to go ahead and lean that out a little, but I like playing it real safe too.:) If there isn't much power at all in leaning it out I won't do it and just play it safe.;) Any idea on how much power I could gain from running around 11.3:1?

Take Care

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Congrats Tony on new best.....i am watching you closely to see how you honestly like and do with the carbon/carbon. That is going to be my next clutch....and i know you will give it the honest test that we are looking for.

Good luck and great run!!!

Tony

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
Great times Tony. Very impressive!!!

Looks like that clutch is holding up just fine for you.

I would say that you are just a little bit better 60' away from cutting some 9's . :)

Bob

·
Registered
234 Posts
From 10.8:1 to 11.3:1 at your power level probably will notice 50-60 hp increase at the least, I never dyno mine personally with AF difference but on track I went from 10.8:1 to 11.4:1 and gain 3 MPH, was huge difference. Also try to shift higher like 8400 rpm from first to 2nd and 8200 rpm from 2nd to 3rd, get into the power band so no drop in power. Good luck bud, hope to see ya in 9's soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts