Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to take my Supra back to the track one last time this year to better my 11.49. The track wasn't prepped and was very slippery the night I went the 11.49 which was with a 1.84 60'. My first pass I felt a bog, so I ran the 1/8 mile and lifted, when I got my slip it showed a 1.89 60' so I'm glad I didn't run it out because I would have gotten a warning to slow down due to the lack of a cage. 2nd run, didn't seem much better so I did the same and ran [email protected] 1/8 mile with a 1.87 60'. This would have been a 11.5x which still would have been disappointing. My 3rd run I spun the tires hitting the rev limiter and feathering the gas a bit up to ~100', but it felt much better so I ran it out. Here is the timeslip:

60' 1.700
330 4.812
1/8 7.326
mph 99.24
1000 9.489
1/4 11.288
mph 125.90

That wasn't my best 60' or even 330' but everything else was. If I would have stopped spinning at the 60' mark it would have been a bit better but I was happy with the time. I had a 1/4 tank of 94 octane and put 1 gallon of 104 unleaded before my runs. Since I was only boosting to 18 psi I thought this would be safe. I'm still on the stock MAF, fuel system and original stock clutch! When I tell people its the original stock clutch and they know how many 1/4 mile passes I have they have this look of disbelief, especially the domestic guys. Usually they just warn me at this dragstrip after the first 11, but this time I got the thumb so I was done for the day.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Rob,

Great run, good to hear you're getting closer to taking out the terd! Whats up with no phone call on the new best? lol! Time for that fuel system and you've been getting away with that stock clutch for much too long lol! Congrats buddy!

Andrew

·
Old School
4,182 Posts
Great results. I'm in awe of the stock clutch, though. I guess a quick slip/semi-dump is the way to make it last?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Rob your car is so crazy. I’m just jealous. If I ever get my car running right again you and I are going to have a pump gas show down.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lagtime said:
Great results. I'm in awe of the stock clutch, though. I guess a quick slip/semi-dump is the way to make it last?
Thats what I would call it and it seems to be hangin in real strong.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rdrkt said:
Rob your car is so crazy. I’m just jealous. If I ever get my car running right again you and I are going to have a pump gas show down.
Sounds good Dave, I hope its nothing major.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Courtesy of Phillysingle:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats Rob! Looks like you found the street
monster you were after. Any thoughts of doing
a water/meth kit? Congrats again.
Wayne

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WayneCar said:
Congrats Rob! Looks like you found the street
monster you were after. Any thoughts of doing
a water/meth kit? Congrats again.
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I was thinking about getting skinny's first, then maybe the AEM to see if I could run just a little more boost. Maybe the AEM could get rid of the lean spot at the boost spike. I think the stock ecu reacts and there is always that time delay before it can go open loop and start dumping fuel. If I get a wideband I may postpone the AEM if I find that during a 1st-4th gear run I don't get this problem I see on the dyno. I'd like to run 20 psi on straight 100-104 octane unleaded and with the skinny's I'm sure a 10 would be achieveable. I would really like to be able to do it consistently though.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats again Rob. 126 mph at 18 psi! Great run. You got a really strong car bro. You sure that clutch is stock? =)

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
What is your best dyno with the GT61? Is this the dual bb one? One of my friends dynoed this turbo and got 550rwhp at 1.6 bar, but dynoed at 2 bar and got the same hp...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
talltrini10 said:
What is your best dyno with the GT61? Is this the dual bb one? One of my friends dynoed this turbo and got 550rwhp at 1.6 bar, but dynoed at 2 bar and got the same hp...
Its the standard thrust bearing type, I dynoed 455 Sae at 17 psi on 100 octane at 88 deg.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Damn rob, way to represent that beautiful hardtopper. You should get that 6pt cage special that josh is offering at Xotic:)
See ya sometime soon I'm sure.

Greg

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GregZ33 said:
Damn rob, way to represent that beautiful hardtopper. You should get that 6pt cage special that josh is offering at Xotic:)
See ya sometime soon I'm sure.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I should be dynoing there soon, I'll ask him about it.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Thanks Greg, I should be dynoing there soon, I'll ask him about it.
Rob,

You coming up on the 13th for dyno day?:D

Andrew

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I may be going with a different group this Sat., the 29th.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice job rob. on that setup, drag radials? how many passes on your clutch? i got about 10 on this one (stock)

Brett

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Rob you're an animal - nothing else to say :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts