Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New best First time in 10s!

Well last night I headed down the track for a run on some race fuel. Car was boosting to only 26psi, and blew the map sensor line off right after the 1000' mark :mad: Again, I didn't get another run to turn up the boost and clamp down the map, but still have my first 10 sec pass :D OH and track prep SUCKED :( The car spun like mad on the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts :eek: Vids are now posted below...

26 psi in the motor, BFG drag radials (16psi and heated very well), 48 degrees outside, c16/sunoco 94 in the tank, AEM EMS, SP gen II trans, PI 4k stall, full weight car with nothing removed, completely stock motor (intake, cams, cam gears, etc) and here is the run. I was impressed with the 1/8 mile time and would have really liked to see the outcome if that damn map line hadn't blown off!


60' 1.84
1/8 7.01 108.73
1/4 10.72 131.31
 

·
488ci V10 Power
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Nice times man, keep up the good work.
 

·
Former Moderator
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
Very good times on a conservative setup! You are really impressing me!

Val,
imagine what she could do with the AEM! I would be sick...

-Olivier
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olivier Caza said:
Very good times on a conservative setup! You are really impressing me!

Val,
imagine what she could do with the AEM! I would be sick...

-Olivier
Thanks guys! Thats the idea, to do more and go faster with less ;)

Andrew
 

·
hardtopper
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
WAY to get kicked out of cecil;) . Sorry I didn't get to see your pass. I had just finished mine. Fireturd said it looked awesome. Post that vid...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Congrats on the new best. Let us know when you get a full, clean run in. BTW, why were you only boosting to 26psi?
 

·
Lets go Nets
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
hey, good work on the 10 second pass, i hope to see a clean pass sometime soon, btw what is a map sensor line? is that something part of the AEM? were you running 275 BFG's on stock rims?

Brett
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
VeilsideTT said:
Congrats on the new best. Let us know when you get a full, clean run in. BTW, why were you only boosting to 26psi?
I was running 26psi due to severe traction problems. On the way there I ran 30psi on the highway breaking loose from 70mph rolls:eek: (got this on video hehe)The track prep (well lack of) sucked really bad and I was running 275/40/17's on stock rims..

Map sensor is an upgraded map to allow me to run more boost (up to 4 bar, with a bar reserved for vaccuam) than the factory sensor allows (which is 18psi)

Thanks guys!

Andrew
 

·
TurboLexus
Joined
·
198 Posts
congrats man.. good run... just think with 30 psi plus and some good track prep, not that you will ever find that at Cecil... try the grove they got way better track prep.. get that 60 ft time down to 1.6 and yous got yourself an good low 10 run maybe better if you are lucky... good stuff man ..
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
balticMKIV said:
are you on the stock rev limit or have you raised it?

carlo
Right now my rev limiter is set at 7500 with the aem (Still on stock cams so really no need to rev higher)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Do you think you could get traction at 30psi at a better track? I'm looking ahead to when my car is setup properly and I'm really hoping on staying with radials. Have you looked into BFGs on smaller tires? I assume we can't run the big 325s on 15" rims with the stock brakes right?
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VeilsideTT said:
Do you think you could get traction at 30psi at a better track? I'm looking ahead to when my car is setup properly and I'm really hoping on staying with radials. Have you looked into BFGs on smaller tires? I assume we can't run the big 325s on 15" rims with the stock brakes right?
I probably could get traction at a better prepped track, but I would really like to step up to 15" beasts (I believe this would require the NA rear brake swap)...IMO it would probably be worth it...I am also trying to stay away from ET streets
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
is your head completely stock also? Ive been thinking of going to gforce to get the rev limit bumped up to 7500 rpm but was not sure if this was safe or not on stock head and cams.

carlo
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
balticMKIV said:
is your head completely stock also? Ive been thinking of going to gforce to get the rev limit bumped up to 7500 rpm but was not sure if this was safe or not on stock head and cams.

carlo
Yea, it is completely stock...Not really worth bumping up the rev limiter IMO until you get cams and/or a decently sized turbo....

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
bad94sup said:
I was running 26psi due to severe traction problems. On the way there I ran 30psi on the highway breaking loose from 70mph rolls:eek: (got this on video hehe)The track prep (well lack of) sucked really bad and I was running 275/40/17's on stock rims..

Map sensor is an upgraded map to allow me to run more boost (up to 3 bar) than the factory sensor allows (which is 18psi)

Thanks guys!

Andrew
Nice times, let's see the vids!
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top