Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been almost 3 months since I started this repaint, and now it's finally completed. The car has not been buffed or waxed yet and the drivers door was just painted last night. The car was Super Red, but no longer. I went with 1994 Supra Black Oynx code 202 with clear. I've always wanted a black MKIII. Now I own one!

Chris D.
Boise, Idaho

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey nice!!!!!
ain't it some shit how a fresh paint job will make you think you got a different car.....i jus painted mine RSP....and i can't believe the difference

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Did you paint yourself?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Looks very slick. I know how much work must go into a finish like that. Awesome job.

My only beef is that, Does your emblem on the front there say "ram air V6"??? I hope not.

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Your car was red before? red is a sweet colour but theres something about a black mkiii. Looks menacing or something, sweet ride man :).

Johnny

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was waiting for someone to notice my RAM-AIR-V6 badge!
Its just a temp for another badge. I saw a wrecked grand am in the shop with this badge, and after laughing my ass off, thought it might look better on a real car. I've seen so many supra ads that say "V6" as the engine.....just thought it was fitting and fun.
What you cant see is the rear badge. Its been painted black like the trim says "3.0i Turbo" its the european badge.

The car was painted at a great shop here in Idaho. I did most of the sanding prep and primered all my trim.
I let a professional spray it.
Now it window tint time!

Chris D.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
hawkeye said:

My only beef is that, Does your emblem on the front there say "ram air V6"??? I hope not.
whoa...i just noticed that too, wtf is up with that man??

·
Registered
147 Posts
wow im speechless
thats damn sexy;)

how much was it? :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great paintjob...but im with the other guys on the whole ram air v6 thing...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Nice job! How much did you have to pay to paint after you sanded/primed everything? I am considering doing all the prepping myself to save the money.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
spinningheadboy said:
I was waiting for someone to notice my RAM-AIR-V6 badge!
Paint half of the "V" black. Then it'll say "RAM-AIR I6" :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I love my 91T Black supra.... it looks so good when clean.. but i find myself washing it every few days:eek: So be prepared to be washing your baby a few times a week.

Great looking car:)

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
we have a inline 6 not a v6!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
That looks slick as hell! I'm in the process of removing everything from my exterior to get it painted soon. Thanks for the advice on the window trim removal! Most of it's out now. I took the rear quarter windows out too, wasn't hard at all.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
looks awesome wish my sup was black

1 - 20 of 61 Posts