Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
do-luck i believe. it is a knockoff i think but i heard it was good fitment from someone trying to sell one of those on here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MinnesotaR6 are you going to be repainting your car or just the kit and what color is your car. if you could post pics when you get the kit

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
word of advise, black and carbon fiber accents on the bumper don't mix ;) ... that's why I had my front bumper painted where the CF accents where as well

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
hhmmm .. if you're keeping the carbon fiber accents intact I would say a lighter color, charcoal grey would not make it stand out

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Leave it black, it'll look fine. I had a CF hood on my old black supra, and it looked fine, I'm sure that CF will look fine on your bumper. You can always have the shop spray the bumper, or the bottom part of the bumper, black first and see how it looks before you totally repaint your car. Just my $.02

·
rockin' the JDM duct tape
521 Posts
i bought the front bumper but sold it without installing it. it looked to be of fairly good quality, though i cannot attest to the fit.

·
Fly Navy
589 Posts
I also considered ordering that exact front bumper (by itself) b/c it was so much cheaper than a real Do-Luck. Definitely let us know how it fits up. Very interested to hear some results. :)

·
Pick it up 141!
179 Posts
The Do-luck replica looks really good. Especially with the carbon fiber being wrapped around the edges! I wish this replica had come out 4 years ago, instead I paid $4,000 (no C/F) to have it shipped from Japan back in the day. This definitely is worth the $1500 bucks if the fitment is decent. Let us know how the fitment turns out.

This is my old Do-luck kit.... See how I sprayed the black around the edges to make it stand out a bit. I wish this would have been C/F instead of having it painted black. Go for it dude! Sorry guys about the pic size.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts