Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new mechanical boost gauge and i was wondering if i diconnected the stock sensor would it cause any problems? Also they give two ways to install it 1) Directly in to the manifold 2) Splice into the vacuum line. Any experience on which is better? I have already done several searches and havent come up with anything on the subject so any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if you remove the egr and cruise control and charcoal canister? you have very few vacuum lines left....?

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Leave the stock sensor, your dash gauge will not work w/o it.
Just T into the line running to the stock sensor, and your new gauge will see the same pressure as the stocker. (If you tie into various other vac/pressure lines, your indicated pressures will be different as they vary by a few 10ths of a pound across the system. (My E-01 sensor is plugged into the AFPR line, but the Omori boost gauge is tied into the stock pressure line. They are off by a few 10ths of a pound. Just for kicks, hooked them up to the same line, and they were dead accurate, but the lines are a PITA, so put it back the way I started as I don't care about a few .10 of a PSI. (you can really see the change in Bar, but I don't use bar to tune.)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
I completely remove the stick sensor and the stock boost guage and replaced it with a volt meter from an NA. and I used the same line going to the stock sensor to the line going to the new guage. so to answer your question yes you can disconnect the sensor. The closer and mroe direct to the intake the more accurate it will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts