Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally the long awaited day has come. After a couple months of contacting and arranging plans with Kean and Zohair at Boostlogic, the new BL n/a built auto is in my car! :)

I am doing initial testing for Boostlogic of their new product to help ALL of you n/a-t auto guys out there looking for a transmission solution. Its a built stock n/a auto transmission, based off the TT auto along with a 3200rpm stall. Kean needed someone to try this product out before mass selling it. I've been turbo since October and quickly my stock auto faded on just 6psi of boost. Some say the stock auto can last/hold 300rwhp or possibly more; this was NOT the case with me. At 6psi my car was making only 240rwhp and it killed the stock auto in a hurry. Something needed to be done soon. BTW - I'm running the Dave H kit with the TE-44 and other goodies (too many to list).

Back to the tranny, I had it shipped to Brad Mayo's shop and he installed it for me this past week. Got the car back today, and wow I'm very impressed thus far. Even at 6psi it feels so much faster now b/c I am not dealing with transmission slip at all. WOT shifting is VERY smooth and it shifts nice and firm. Launched the car from a stop at 6psi with the TC stalled up, I roasted my 275s pretty darn good.

Right now, I dont have the car dialed in yet for some higher boost (tuning), but I tried a few pulls at 10-11psi and damn. Cant believe i was missing out on all this fun in the past!

So for any of you n/a's or n/a-t autos who were wondering about what you were going to do with the stock tranny, the guys at boostlogic have that problem solved. :D I am going to keep testing and hopefully try more boost soon and keep everyone updated on how this beast performs. Anyone have any specific questions feel free to PM me or Kean and Zohair. Gotta give a lot of credit to them, they are awesome!

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
glad to hear that ... after this long story get ur ass up to tune and dynoo for higher numbers..

congrats once again :)

Joe

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kean told me a while back it should be good for atleast 600 or so. :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
Kean told me a while back it should be good for atleast 600 or so. :)
Good to around 700RWHP. It hasn't been tested to this power level but the internals are just about the same as the TT tranny. Our TT tranny can hold up to 800RWHP.

Glad ur enjoying the transmission :)

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Good to see you're a happy customer Kyle:) I'm glad everything has worked out so well and now you can get some more boost out of your car.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Are the shifts too firm for a daily driver? I mean i know theyre going to happen right away and fast, but are does it kick you under normal cruising?

One other thing...wanna keep track of the gasmilage change with higher stall? I am curious as to if the change in stall and operation of the TC causes a loss in gas mileage. Do you still do 40mph at ~2200rpms and 60mph at ~2800rpms?

whats your gas mileage been in general for NA-T?

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
- yes the shift are a little firm, there is a small kick under normal cruising but its not anything that would bother me.

-gas mileage has decreased, I havent run a full tank through it yet, but I can already tell its a little worse.

-I haven't watched the rpms at various speeds, but I will go out tomorrow and see what rpms its pulling at 40 and 60 for you. Kinda icey and rain here today :(

-Gas mileage n/a-t before the new trans with the walbro and 525s, I was getting around 250-265 miles before the low fuel light would come on. Depending how I drove. Before turbo, I was getting over 300 miles.

B

·
0 Posts
kean, will you warranty/guarantee the trans at all and what are the terms?

thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Price, shipping cost,time factor?

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
1800+tc restall(400) shipping is about 100 each way. Takes about a week to get done once its here.

call the shop for more info on warranty information... but we will stand behind our product 100%.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks for the update rocky, glad to hear its what u expected.

Kean, my car will be going under the knife in late february so i will need one of these tranny.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cool thanks for the quick review. Keep us all informed as time goes on "good or bad" we all want to hear. I'm sure this will be my next "upgrade" after I get the car back on the road for awhile.

B.Kidd

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
how's manu mode workin for you?

also, you're running an aftermarket tranny cooler right?

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here's an update:

- been about 4 weeks since I've had the boostlogic trans and I cant say I'm more pleased. I havent had any problems with the unit or the converter despite the abuse I've thrown upon it many many times. I'm just eating up tires like crazy launching at 3200 now :). The shifts are hard and firm, and come at the right time. Daily driving has been perfectly fine. The shifts when not under WOT are sometimes a bit more jarring than stock, but its nothing to make you spill a drink or anything (if you choose to do that in your car).....

Right now, untuned my car is making mid 300s rwhp and the trans feels more than capable so far. Tuning soon for low 400s atleast. :) My best advice for anyone that gets this trans, get some drag radials and a clean pair of shorts. :D

I believe Kean said he's going to start selling these bad boys soon, I'll let him comment on the matter however.

blacksupra93 - i'm not using manu mode at all, Kean advised me not to use it. Yes, I'm running an aftermarket trans cooler (one of the largest B&M's). I'll be adding another one with a fan soon just for extra insurance.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
1800 to build a tranny.. wow... nice price... that's alot cheaper than a 6sp swap

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I will be posting the information on the website later today.

These transmissions are modeled after the TT transmissions. The internals are very similar and will hold similar power.

I'm glad you're happy with yours!! Hopefully, there will be many more happy customers in the near future just like the TT transmissions. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts