Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dyno about 1 1/2 years ago and on a 5th gear pull did 370.7 HP and 437.9 Ft lbs torque.

Today I dynoed in 5th and got 412.6HP and 473.5 ft lbs torque!:D
The main difference was a little bit of race gas and I took the cover off my intake. I only have a [email protected] drop in..

I met Brad and his friends and they were really cool. If you are ever in Knoxville look them up. They came with me to the dyno and this was the first time I ever ran race gas and boy what a difference:eek:

Jeff

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
A 5th gear pull....damn! How fast was it going....150mph?!

...Try a 4th gear pull, that is what most people do - you'll then have a baseline to compare your #'s to other people!

Jay

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was 150ish I let off about 6500RPM . I did some 4th gear pulls and dont remember the exact numbers I think I did @373HP and 429 ft lbs but those numbers were last year with no race gas. This time my 4th gear pulls were around 390 Hp and 440 ft lbs The reason I posted 5th was that is the correct gear to dyno in ...it is the 1-1 gear.
Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
heh, it looks like I may be in for some trouble! I will be happy if I get 400 to the wheels .... although that may be in 3rd gear

we may have to arrange a race from a stop instead of (or along with) a highway roll ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know when you want to give it a try:D . I am always looking for an excuse to blow some carbon out of my pipes:rolleyes:

Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
That torque level is insane :eek: (what rpm?)!! It must really be a kick in the pants!! :D What boost level is that at -- somewhere around 18-20 I assume?

-Bill

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
BillVP,
Just curious, what turbos/fuel control are you
using to get 400 awh? That's more than Trevor
puts down(based on weight and trap speed)
with his set-up. Then again Trevor is on pump
gas and 17-18 lbs boost.
Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boost is at @1.2 bar with a spike to @1.4
I think the torque is so high because it was a 5th gear pull and I started it at about 2500 RPM's and it had a lot of time to build. Yes these cars do kick you in the pants when on full boost above 4k RPM.
I still do not understand why more people do not use 5th gear to dyno in because that is the correct gear 1:1:rolleyes:

Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
463supra said:
Boost is at @1.2 bar with a spike to @1.4
I think the torque is so high because it was a 5th gear pull and I started it at about 2500 RPM's and it had a lot of time to build. Yes these cars do kick you in the pants when on full boost above 4k RPM.
I still do not understand why more people do not use 5th gear to dyno in because that is the correct gear 1:1:rolleyes:

Jeff
I've asked the same thing on this forum.
I don't have a 1:1 gear on my car though.

B

·
0 Posts
WayneCar said:
BillVP,
Just curious, what turbos/fuel control are you
using to get 400 awh? That's more than Trevor
puts down(based on weight and trap speed)
with his set-up. Then again Trevor is on pump
gas and 17-18 lbs boost.
Thanks,
Wayne
I've got AAM 15G's (compressor wheel upgrade w/ stock housing for those that don't know) with 550s, walbro, VPC/SAFC and the SMC kit.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
94wasagoodYR, No I stil have the stock SMIC. I do not have a VPC or AFC either. I still could get quite a few HP out of this car with little work. I am leaning more towards making this a road race car though. I am way more into the handling of it with all the twisties I drive everyday.

:D

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Steve, As you can see this post goes way back to October of last year. Havent been back and would like to without the 1/4 tank 93 and 5 gal race fuel, and just use some 110:rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way how is your car coming along?

Jeff

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Slow, slow, slow...but mainly due to lack of funding on my part. I've been saving up all my pennies so that I can afford to pay cash for all my mods. That is my new philosophy...I don't buy anything on credit anymore, just cash! It's like I was born again or something! Hahahaha!

Anyway, you get the idea. Take care buddy. :)

463supra said:
By the way how is your car coming along?

Jeff

Z

·
0 Posts
awsome TQ #. damn your car must feel good when turbo kicks in. I thought higher the gear goes, higher the HP and lower the tq?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zerosoul , I am not quite sure how that works out as far as the gear and the HP/tqe #'s I do think a lot of the high torque number happened because of the low RPM when I started the pull.
I think my HP numbers were better in 4th but I cant remember right now as I dont have the sheets with me.:( I bet there are several people on this forum who can answer this question for you. do you have a 6 spd or auto and what all have you done to it? I really need to do a dyno run without all the 93 octane in the tank and use purely 110:D

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the way our race fuel in Chattanooga is blue and its purple when in Knoxville:rolleyes: dont ask me what the difference is though.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 30 Posts