Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally started on the road of trying some new Brake components on my car, so far to date I've been happy with the stock setup for my car around tracks, but as my discs need replacing due to ware, I decided to invest in the following:

Hawk Pads all round - thanks to Dusty (based on recommendations from here)
TRD Front discs - Nic on mkivsuspra.net
Stock Rear discs (Toyota)
Goodrich Braided lines. - thanks to Dusty :agreed:

Any advice on the best method of bedding this lot in, the last thing I need is warped discs after this set! I'm hoping I'll end up with a sharper braking with better pedal feel to go with my Toyo 888s on the track. I know its not a die hard setup but I wanted a good fast road/strack setup. If anyone can suggest other improvements I'm open to comments :)

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I think the directions on the HAWK pads are the best way to go about doing it. I don't remember exactly but it says t do a good amount of hard stops from 40 or so MPH without dragging the brakes or letting the car come to a stop.

I don't remember exactly anymore, but there should be a piece of paper in there. Maybe others have easier methods.

Alex

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its written on the side of the box for the pads.. I was wondering about the disks though as those instructions are I guess for getting the pads worn in?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect its a matter of gradualy getting more heat into the discs over a period of a hundred miles or so, progressively getting them hotter and cooling down etc.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I think proper bedding of new pads and new rotors is about the same for almost any pad and rotor unless it's something super exotic. Read this Carbotech FAQ and I would do that. http://www.ctbrakes.com/faqs.html

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts