Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reposted from a month ago, updated below:
Hey guys, after maybe 1k miles on the car the motor popped at Auto club speedway on the track. My corvette motor blew there the day before. Great weekend to say the least.... Car is being built by Dan Burkett and we are dropping a 3.4L stroker in, building for 1500 WHP but will run it at about 1000 WHP. Goal is for it to be reliable.

and No I wasnt beating on either car too hard when they blew and yes I checked all fluids, etc. Just a string of bad luck. The weak link on each car - the bottom end - let go so time for some built internals. Dont worry she will be back on the road soon and stronger than ever.

Video of the incident below

Corvette

Update::: Supra is almost done. We have a fresh 3.4L motor and a borgwarner EFR 9280, motor is already in the car and should have start up in the next few days then off for dyno tuning. Goal is 1000-1100 WHP. I have been posting updates on the build on my instagram hp_chasers. I will post videos and dyno as we wrap up the build.

Not that you guys care but the Vette is at A&A corvette getting a 418 stroker, that paired with the blower should get me in the mid 700WHP Range, this is my track car. Cheers.

·
Tree Hugger
798 Posts
dry sump on the car before or after?

·
From the land down under
3,911 Posts
I was just about to ask that, too.

If it was a wet sump, perhaps the sustained G's going around the long left starved the big ends, although the Supra has proven itself to have a great oil system design right out of the factory.

Sorry for your bad luck, Richor, and good luck with V.2

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is great news. I have been waiting and waiting for someone to get all in on a 9280, a 3.4 no less.

What's the CR? VVTI or Non-VVTI???

Lets hope for some EFR magic. 1,000+ rwhp and fully spooled by 4k :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry if I missed it, but what were the specs on the motor that let go?
Any logs from the incident? Really curious as to what exactly happened.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is great news. I have been waiting and waiting for someone to get all in on a 9280, a 3.4 no less.

What's the CR? VVTI or Non-VVTI???

Lets hope for some EFR magic. 1,000+ rwhp and fully spooled by 4k :p
Looking at the start up video, car is non vvti.
Rad Industries race drift car runs the 3.4 with the 9 series EFR turbo. Rad Industries practice drift car runs the stock motor with EFR 8374. I'm sure if you made contact, you will get all the answers to your questions as information is forthcoming.

Highly recommend viewing his technical videos on his youtube channel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts