Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my Aventador roadster this week :) Can't wait to do some pulls with my Supra. Power levels should be about same.

Attachments

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Post video when you line them up ;)

·
JZA80
3,120 Posts
Nice pick up! +1 on the video!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments :) The color is giallo orion (pearl yellow). I will certainly post a vid soon. I'll have my gf take some vids while we do some pulls

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Very nice .. Congrats on the bull!! That Supra will pull on that bull.. :)

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
I've been applying my effort in life in all the wrong places, I was supposed to move to Hawaii with my aventador all this time...right under my nose.

High five sir you win.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
WOW, that is gorgeous. Glad it is going to a good home. Def post up the videos. The exhaust sound alone is orgazmic.

Steve K.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As soon as i get my compressor housing back from chroming, i will post some vids. Ty all for the kind words. :)

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Nice! Interesting color as well, the lambo really pulls it off.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Hell to the yes. And roadster too. Giallo orion is awesome specially with black wheels. I am biased since my LP640 is Giallo Orion :) My roadster will be added to the collection by next summer. You have any plans for yours? Exhaust? Tune?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful Merci! My dealer installed the factory software exhaust update so sound department I'm good for now. I think I will drive it stock for bit as I need to first get used to driving this big bull. Compared to my 458 spyder, Aventador feels like I'm driving a bus, it' so big :)

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Beautiful Merci! My dealer installed the factory software exhaust update so sound department I'm good for now. I think I will drive it stock for bit as I need to first get used to driving this big bull. Compared to my 458 spyder, Aventador feels like I'm driving a bus, it' so big :)
Oh its not so bad lol. yes it definitely feels bigger, but looks wise, ( no insult) makes the 458 look so boring lol. The V12 labmos are just jaw dropping from any angle, and almost any color. Is this your first bull?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the look is phenomenal! I had a lp550 spyder, but this is my first v12 bull.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
Congrats!

Question for you guys. I am not sure I will ever be able to own one in my life time, but maybe some day after my military service! What are your thoughts of the Ferrari 488 vs getting a Gallardo Spyder variant with UGR TT? Not gonna lie, the Merci's are so clean and mean looking

Casey

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Casey. I really can't comment on UGR exotic cars as I never been on one of their built cars. I've test drove a 488 gtb and it was a insanely fast car. However, the fact that it is not a traditional naturally aspirated v8, something just didn't feel like a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Congrats!

Question for you guys. I am not sure I will ever be able to own one in my life time, but maybe some day after my military service! What are your thoughts of the Ferrari 488 vs getting a Gallardo Spyder variant with UGR TT? Not gonna lie, the Merci's are so clean and mean looking

Casey

Hey Casey,

Those two cars are completely different cars all together. You are comparing a factory car vs one that is "tuned." The 488 is RWD which makes putting down power not as efficient.

The 488 puts down ~530whp, with a tune it is upto 600whp
Stage 1 UGR TT which costs about $35k will get you 750-800whp on pump gas depending on whether it is pre-LP560 or not
Stage 2 UGR TT which costs about $60-70k puts down 1000whp on pump gas.

Having an AWD with 200-500whp more is not even a comparison. The UGR TT even at its lowest stage would make the 488 look like a city bus.

I have driven a Stage 1 and Stage 2 and even the stage one is pretty redic and so stable because of AWD. When i had my Supra with similar power settings it was pretty useless unless i was hitting it above 60mph.

Hope that answers your question.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
It does help, thanks guys. I know I was comparing different platforms, but with Ferrari coming with turbos OEM I started looking at it more and more in regards to a TT Gallardo. The AWD does make a huge difference, that we know for sure!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts