Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
I am not sure if anyone really grasps the fucking size of this car. Its really big for what you expect and is like a steroided 69 Z28. Not Phantom big, but like 300C big and taller and wider.

I go back and forth on if I really like it, so no opinion yet

EDIT - just some calculations - compared to the 300C SRT8 - the Camaro concept has a 3.7 inch longer wheelbase, the same track width, 6.2 more inches in width and is 1 inch taller.

The 300C is a bit longer, but the Camaro concept comes in at nearly the same length as the 2002 Thunderbird. 21/22 inch wheels F/R and a lot of hard angles - the Camaro looks as big as it is if not more.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love the new Camaro. I'm definately anxious to see what the convertable looks like with its top-up; any news on it being a hardtop/softtop?

Wob: how does the size compare to its competition- Mustang, Challenger? From what you've said as far 300C size, I would assume much bigger than the 'stang?

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Challenger: The Camaro has a 7.8 inch longer wheelbase, 13 inches less length, 1.7 inches more width and 2.3 inches more height. Not sure about the track.

Mustang: The Camaro has a 16.6 inch longer wheelbase, 4 inches shorter in length, 6.4 inches more in width, 3.9 inches more in height and ~.5 inch wider track.

Its not so much a length issue, its a width and height issue. The wheelbase is super long for the length too.

EDIT - just to further my point a bit more :lol: - the Crown Vic is an inch shorter, and 3 inches narrower. The 360 Modena is 75.7 inches wide, or almost 5 inches narrower. An Enzo is almost the same width as the new Camaro - its shy by about .3 of an inch! Wider than a Phantom, the list goes on. i have read two widths 79.6 and 80.3 - but its apples and apples at this point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts