Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow supra enthusiasts,

how is everyones car doing? (running or not lol) long post so if you are a time= money person prob should move along.

I just bought a 87 supra turbo, targa, 5 speed. now for the bad:eek3:

the kid that owned it before me slid it into a tree, crushing the left front. which took out hood, bumper, fender, nose panel and also bent some metal moving the battery tray over to just touching the radiator. (big prybar to get battery out... oh boy) The lower control arm got bent, and the bolt bent in the upper control arm. Ok now i figured seems like a lot of work but thats ok. now it gets worse. he must have driven the car like this and the tire rubbed the body which got it hot which in turn melted most all of the fuses, and fried a few wires. nightmare!

I own a 89 supra N/A that i am now planning to swap the turbo motor into. The good about the car is it has 109,000 miles, complete records down to oil changes. Interior is mint except for the front seats(leather ripped).

Now for a question to those of you that have parted out supras before, is it worth the time/money? It is blue on blue, and i am planning to keep all motor related parts. What do you guys think time for this one to go to the crusher?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
pics? how much did u buy it for

·
Registered
30 Posts
if he hit it hard enough to push the battery to the radiator then there may be frame damage in which case even if you do repair it, it will never be as strong as it was. did you check the core support to see if any of that is bent?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i did look at the core support, it looks like he cought it just right. The two frame rails that go to the bumper look straight. I need to get the bumper off and measure it all up. I mean it was right on the battery, so there isn't much supporting it. the rad. support is messed up just on the wing that goes infront of the battery. I think I'm going to junk it though, the wheel wells are starting to rust out and there isnt a straight panel on the thing. pic(sorry camera phone):

Note the fender support is pulled out a little bit in that picture so i could get the battery in it. it runs so nice. :):)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
there is ALWAYS parts you can sell...

interior parts are getting very scarce and expensive for example...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts