Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Rejoined
137 Posts
^^That answered my question about the EMU Black. Thanks.

Reactions: NOLAGG

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just ordered the s23 manifold and made up my mind I’m going to go with the gtx3582r gen 2 .82 t4 . I mean how much different is the g35 serious turbo ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Was originally going to hook up the greddy boost cut defender along with the innovate wideband /boost gauge in 1 , but realized I don’t really want to cut into the stock obd2 harness since I already ordered a new wiring specialties harness for the emu black

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice find. That's the exact color combo (red exterior/black interior) I'm looking for. It would be perfect if it was a hard top. Is that a 97? I came across an excellent conditioned red/tan combo at a dealer but they're asking too much imo. And funnily enough, I used to have a 350z as well (03 brickyard).

I've got a few questions for everyone:
  • If you plan on cleaning the engine block/head, is ultrasonic cleaning ideal or is hot tanking more than sufficient?
  • Prior to wrapping exterior body parts, should you wait a certain period after repainting or clear coating parts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Very nice find. That's the exact color combo (red exterior/black interior) I'm looking for. It would be perfect if it was a hard top. Is that a 97? I came across an excellent conditioned red/tan combo at a dealer but they're asking too much imo. And funnily enough, I used to have a 350z as well (03 brickyard).

I've got a few questions for everyone:
  • If you plan on cleaning the engine block/head, is ultrasonic cleaning ideal or is hot tanking more than sufficient?
  • Prior to wrapping exterior body parts, should you wait a certain period after repainting or clear coating parts?
Yeah probably a few months since the clear has to cure /breath for a while hence the reason why they tell you or to wax a new paint job for atleast 3 months from my memory

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
UPDATE!!!!!! So it’s been a while guys but I’m back .
a lot has been done even with the garage and setup in the little garage I’m currently working out of for the time being .
laid some husky interlocking floor tiles and let me say helped control the dusty crummy pour the guys who built the house laid down and also looks sick .
So last month I pulled the motor did a full refresh on everything , painted block and pans and scrubbed everything down super clean . Changed all gaskets , re sealed everything , changed steering rack bushings and still have a few more things to go .
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Stairs Automotive design Wood Interior design Floor

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper
Circuit component Asphalt Rectangle Road surface Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
After it was all torn down the first thing I wanted to tackle was the valve stem seals . Replaced those with some gsc valve stem seals and did the BC springs and retainers utilizing stock usdm cans and valves just for future .

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Started to drop the pans for a reseal and cleanup and also painted the block and scrubbed every inch to make it as clean to my ability . Threw the phr cam gears new seals and belt on with a bunch of new hardware as well as a new oil pump water pump ect .

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Welded the water neck shut, threw the hot side on just to get a look at the future powerplant lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Threw the phr triple in with a 450 primary and 550 secondary along with McLeod twin disc setup with the tilton master and release bearing

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Threw the motor in and here is where we are . Snaked the wiring specialties harness in the cabin , ran vibrant ptfe fuel lines , now I’m going to throw the trans in tonight by myself . Didn’t realize how wobbly the motor is with just stock new 96”7 mounts with no trans attached .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,824 Posts
Very nice work! Very thorough as well. I have the same PHR E-85 set-up in my red car as well. Down the road, I need to look into those Husky interlocking tiles as well.

ken.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Very nice work! Very thorough as well. I have the same PHR E-85 set-up in my red car as well. Down the road, I need to look into those Husky interlocking tiles as well.

ken.
Thanks Ken, have to modify the phr fuel pump cover holes as the fitment is just way to tight , snake the vacuum hose threw the harness boot
(which I forgot ) from cabin to engine bay for emu black , make the rail to filter 8an ptfe line and then throw the rest together . First thing though is I need to get this trans in and boy what a pain in the arse it is . Didn’t have enough height to install it attached to the motor unfortunately so now working on getting that done tonight with a buddy because I was unsuccessful doing it alone last night and the harbor freight trans jack was useless as I can’t gain enough height with out the actual jack pad hitting the tunnel being too big for this chassis

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Looks incredible! Tons of work, but the payoff is amazing. 👍
hey thanks brother , not perfect but definitely came along way . Hopefully getting a ton done tonight . Trans is in , going to bleed the clutch , install drive shaft , finish fuel lines and start bolting all parts in

21 - 40 of 60 Posts