Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its nothing too exciting, but the forum has been slow.... so why not?

As a long time Audi guy (this is my fourth) I've been on the hunt for a MK2 TTRS for nearly a year and finally came across the right car. This car made it on to my list as it is likely to be the last time we'll ever see a 3rd pedal in an RS car, was somewhat limited release (~1,200 stateside) so it has a bit of the 'special' factor, and it is a pretty damn capable car with some basic work. The car will serve as the once or twice a week to work car, canyon carver, and maybe a track session or two per year (my intent is to learn the car in a safe environment rather than put serious track miles on it). After looking at 4 other cars, this one was clearly taken care of by the previous owner who had put on a full clear bra and kept the exterior in pristine shape. I've only seen a handful of cars with nearly 60,000 miles in this kind of condition. In addition to the clear bra, a ridiculously expensive set of OZ wheels that I may end up selling off, it also had all the basic mods (UM tune, rear swaybar, AWE switchpath DP back) I planned on putting on the car the day I took it home, which is a nice plus. Without further ado...

There is alwyas more work to come, right? I'll probably have the suspension sorted out with a set of adjustable height coils over the stock magnetic dampers and update most of the bushings and mounts in the next few weeks and a nice diet may follow to get her at or below 3,000 lbs (rear seat delete, battery, seats). Power wise, its probably OK in the tune only form, but a trip to IROZ for a small'ish turbo and light headwork may be in the cards a summer or two down the road (500whp on 91 + revv'ing it out to 8,000 should make for a fun setup).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,914 Posts
I love that color! Those OZ's look good with it too.

One of my closest friends has a 2014 Audi S6 with a few basics and it's a very impressive car - nothing like a pair of turbos on a V8 pumped through AWD with launch control in a comfy but planted sedan to make you consider going to the dark side (German cars)!

It is a shame that more and more of the top shelf performance models are doing away with a proper 3 pedal manual, though..

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Pretty bad ass! :bigthumb:

·
Boost Junkie
12,362 Posts
Very cool. It must be a blast to drive set up like that.

Steve

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
These 5cyl audi's are insane. Customer car with just APR intercooler and APR S1 E85 Map on stock wheels w/ MPSS ran 10.8 at 128.75. That's like $2200 worth of parts and tuning. Insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts