·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
not....bad....

Dave O-

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
That sounds/looks like fun for days! Since it's on the track in the pic....would love to know what the numbers look like. I never disliked the Celica's look, nor the handling....they just needed something other than a wheezy NA 4 banger.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Northof49 said:
That sounds/looks like fun for days! Since it's on the track in the pic....would love to know what the numbers look like. I never disliked the Celica's look, nor the handling....they just needed something other than a wheezy NA 4 banger.
:werd: I always liked them, except for the engine. I don't care for the fwd either.

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,519 Posts
It would have been so badass if Toyota offered a turbo A2W version... They could have even used the same drivetrain to cut costs.

Btw, badass celica! I agree that the car isnt bad, its just the engine that is the turnoff.

·
en hopup veritas
165 Posts
check the lugs on both ends of the car....it looks as if its the 4 lug from the GT-4 Corollas (the replacement for the GT-4 Celica) that were sold overseas. Its alot of work but not ridiculous hard considering the platforms are similar and alot ot the All trac Matrix components can be used (rear spindles, arms and some of the rear carrier). There is an a guy in SF doing this using Matrix All-trac components to a ZZE series Celica. By the looks of things it should stand to work very well. The All trac Matrix puts up some pretty impressive grip #'s considering its utterly underpowered. I think it was C&D that commented that the car slalomed faster than an Audi S4.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I believe Rod Millen put together a 500hp-ish AWD version of that celica out for the model launch.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
TRDV6Corolla said:
check the lugs on both ends of the car....it looks as if its the 4 lug from the GT-4 Corollas (the replacement for the GT-4 Celica) that were sold overseas. Its alot of work but not ridiculous hard considering the platforms are similar and alot ot the All trac Matrix components can be used (rear spindles, arms and some of the rear carrier). There is an a guy in SF doing this using Matrix All-trac components to a ZZE series Celica. By the looks of things it should stand to work very well. The All trac Matrix puts up some pretty impressive grip #'s considering its utterly underpowered. I think it was C&D that commented that the car slalomed faster than an Audi S4.

dude. you are over reacting about what you looking at. how could you tell what wheel lug size are they by looking at it like this? is there any website saying this is a AWD car?

·
vanilla in her puddin'
175 Posts
YaosAuto said:
dude. you are over reacting about what you looking at. how could you tell what wheel lug size are they by looking at it like this? is there any website saying this is a AWD car?

Because the AW2 came in 5 lug only. To convert it to AWD requires spindles and hubs from a GT4 Celica or GT4 Corolla = 4 lug. Thats Why.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No GT4 Celica had 4 lug.
They used mainly Corolla parts for the drivetrain [minus engine].

It IS an AWD car.
See that little sticker on the left corner of the front bumper?
It says Fensport. www.fensport.co.uk
It's one of thier cars. They've built several awd monsters. One other being a Corolla.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcars.htm

There are others out there....
A guy in Fl has a ST185 [90-93 awd turbo Celica] that will run 10s with a full interior.
He has something like 900 crank hp.

And several more. Not many in the states though, as there were VERY few that were sold here.

·
PSN-360: SinisterSC300TT
288 Posts
Very interesting. I have always wanted a GT-Four. But personally I hate the new Celica's. Garbage if you ask me. Toyota completely dropped the ball on the last generation. But this is the only way I would rock one.

*EDIT* Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a 2nd to last gen Celica and do a complete GT-Four conversion? I would looooovvvveeee to drive that on a daily other than my crappy C43.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts