Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
this has been up before.... haven't seen anyone get one and put a review up yet.

I know the previous 2nd gen stryder mani worked well. They are selling that as well....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2jzg...ryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what's funny is that they are knocking off Stryders knock offs!

I love this, though, because I couldn't hope to drop $1500 on a veilside unit. I may get one of these.

-M

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
98mkiv said:
this has been up before.... haven't seen anyone get one and put a review up yet.

I know the previous 2nd gen stryder mani worked well. They are selling that as well....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2jzg...ryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what's funny is that they are knocking off Stryders knock offs!

I love this, though, because I couldn't hope to drop $1500 on a veilside unit. I may get one of these.

-M
Are you sure they arent stryder's units ?
And where can you get a veilside for that cheap ?

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
supradup said:
it looks good i just wished the vacuum line ports were underneath the manifold not on top.
Drill and tap new ones on bottom and plug weld the tops and repolish it

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
98mkiv said:
i hope i find a veilside IM for 1500, i would buy it immediately and sell it for twice that! they usually go for at least 2500, they are discontinued!

·
TT This
917 Posts
"We are already tested on 4 of our customer drag racing cars, all these car are 1000++ whp. These car run fine on very high boost(2.5 psi) and drag racing."

2.5psi is pretty high :rolleyes:

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
wunmagikalpinoy said:
2.5 psi and 1000+whp. sounds a bit fishy already

obviously 2.5 bar

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
TooJayZee said:
Are you sure they arent stryder's units ?
And where can you get a veilside for that cheap ?

the pic looks like stryders packing, but I don't know. Stryder is Thai, these guys are Japanese.....

Could be the same...

$1500 for the VS was just a throw out # - I cannot afford a VS shift knob, so never mind me even trying to buy a VS mani! :rofl:

I like the original stryder VS knockoff. I've sold a few of them and they are pretty nice. NO THEY ARENT AS NICE AS THE ORIGINAL so stop your farking nutswinging, but they ar 1/5 the price and do the exact same job.

-M

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
JPImportz had one on there car until they made there own, Jason said it worked well on the car. Maybe he'll see this thread and chime in.

·
966 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
msupra97 said:
you get what you pay for
It is entirely possible to buy a quality part and still get ripped off. The three grand or whatever the Veilside mani cost new is absolutely absurd and in no way represents the actual cost of making the manifold. Veilside is a low volume "boutique" company and abused that niche by selling a ridiculously priced manifold. Does it work well? Yes. Does it fit well? Yes. Does it make power? Yes, but you're still paying for the name more than anything else. Please don't bag on a manifold just because it's affordable, because I'll always be there to bag on you for blowing three grand on a piece of aluminum.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts