1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Look at this

I bought them, I'm installing tomorrow.

The problem, I have no instructions, no tool (the one that comes with the Teins)

How far from the bottom should I place the adjustment? Asuming I want a 2-2.5" drop, or at least to be able to drive the car, cause it seems they came to the extreme end.

my car is a 88 turbo

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
lol yeah right!! like nobody gonna do this no mather whaT.:rolleyes:
This is just to de-responsibilise themself if anything happen.

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, I have more questions/pictures and a statement!

Tein HAs make the MKIII very fast, I was able to do Zig-Zags at 70 mph, without hesitation.

The fact is that it feels so confortable, It could be because the helper springs (very soft), but also it is so fast taking sharp turns.
I love Tein, :D

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Heavy Metal King said:
I like how it says "This product may not be installed in vehicles driven on public roads"
Most of the stuff we install on our cars say that. Boost controller, downpipe, etc.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
What is the real world difference between the HA and the Flex? I'm looking at the Flex, but I want a nice highway ride. Also I want to be able to run 315's in the back, and the stock diameter springs get in the way. (From what I can tell.)
THanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
Real world...basic HA use the stock upper mounts, flex have aluminum pillow mounts. HA have softy helper springs, flex don't. Otherwise, they are essentially the same. The HA SHOULD give a more stockish ride for normal roads, and tighten up quickly when pushed, as any progressive springs should. The flex are linear all the way, and transfer a little more vibration and noise to the chassis.

Oh, one other big difference: Flex are still available, HA are discontinues as of a little more than a year ago. Some shops may still have a set laying around if you search hard though. As to fitting 315's...you don't gain that much extra clearance...but give it a try.

Bob

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Flex also has height adjustment and spring pre-load separate. Most other coilovers including the HA's adjust both at the same time.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Yeah anyway....just to mention it. The SS don't interest me at all, more of a lower buck setup. I'm going with the Flex this summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts