Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up Thursday in the pouring rain ( not great for this car) , its a 2004 E55 AMG . I wasn't able to find one with keyless go to my liking but I did get dynamic seating, massaging front seats, air conditioned front seats, Nav , and best of all its Tectite gray which in my opinion is the best looking color.

Friday we swung by the local racing hangout and got a few races, 2010 SS camaro on the way there was an easy kill, probably 5 or 6 lengths from a 60 roll with the guy looking over the entire time like , "what just happened to me?" . Got beat by a few lengths by a magnacharged CTSV , and then beat a pretty cool Ford Lightning with an LSX swap.

First impression of the car is its just brutal, anything under 60 mph in dyno mode and it will just white smoke the tires in the most violent unrefined manner you can imagine. Turn dyno mode off and you can get traction around 40mph and thats on 265's.

Tune and a larger pulley are on the way as we speak and that should yeild another 80 rwhp and 85 ftlbs. Cosmetically I think a carbon rear lip spoiler and carbon front lip with a mild lowering should round it out nicely.

·
Banned
27 Posts
i had one of these pull on me past 120 and had me scratching my head...

nice cars looks great. congrats

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Love it ! Great car how much did this set you back ?

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Congrats, nice car, they are quick. Had one pull up next to me in the IS looking for a race. Definitely a car that can surprise people, just unfortunate he ran into another sedan with double the power. :)

I wouldn't mind selling my LS for one though. Either an AMG Benz or a M5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get with a good tuner and you can make 500whp for under $4-$5K. I had the same techtite gray and got rid of it a couple months back. Really classy color. Do the brakes in a red or yellow for some contrast and pop

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im a bit more low key , so no caliper painting for me. I went with Eurocharged for the tune and pulley, should be here Friday .

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is she stock right now? Sweet car man....... You in Jackson?.......I'm from Laurel...
I work in Jackson but live in Brandon (about 10 min east) , if you're ever up this way give me a shout.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
should have bought an 06

·
Registered
572 Posts
MB not my thing, but good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I don't know if maybe it was a typo - but do you mean a "smaller" pulley for the s/c? I was under the impression that you would go with a smaller size pulley to make the s/c spin faster, thus building more pressure?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
should have bought an 06
For 10k more , yeah if I wanted to spend that. If I would have posted I'd bought an 03 then the comments would have been , "should have gotten an 04+ ". Fact is , they ALL have issues, only the 03's have significantly more than others. Warranty is your friend with these.

MB not my thing, but good luck with it.
Cool? What other car could I have gotten that will run 10's on radials while giving me an air conditioned back massage for under 30k ?

I don't know if maybe it was a typo - but do you mean a "smaller" pulley for the s/c? I was under the impression that you would go with a smaller size pulley to make the s/c spin faster, thus building more pressure?
No typo, on these cars the supercharger has a complex clutch built into the top pulley which makes it very difficult to replace so instead of going smaller on the SC pulley , we go larger on the crank pulley.

a larger diameter pulley creates more boost.

The first mod you should do on the 55k motors is replace the shitty intercooler pump to a Johnson CM30 pump

can be found here:http://compare.ebay.com/like/250735...facc19a&itemid=250735652524&ff4=263602_304662

And also look into an aftermarket heat exchanger, especially if you got a 180mm pulley.

My car has the newer updated pump and currently no IAT or recovery issues, I have a 172mm pulley on the way as well as an AUX heat exchanger from a Ford GT500 . If that combo won't yeild decent results then I'll end up with a split circuit, johnson or mezeire pump , and a rear mounted ice resevoir.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Great looking car. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. What are the terms on the after market warranty?

Smaller pulley on the blower or larger crank pulley will have the same effect.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Full coverage warranty through fidelity, 100ded

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Awesome car bro! Those things are brutally fast. Enjoy.

-Alex

1 - 20 of 61 Posts