Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally retired my 93 4Runner after 12 years and 216k miles of reliable service. Here's what I replaced it with, AWD Turbo wagon with 250hp :). Much more fun to drive than an SUV.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bet, the 2.5 GT's respond very well to mods. So far I've installed a gutted uppipe and a Cobb STS. Now I'm trying to decide between the Cobb AP and and ECUTek reflash from PDXTuning. The stage1 PDX dyno numbers are pretty impressive with gains of 43whp and 61ftlbs of torque. Look at the area under the curve.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
nice grab Steve!! my daily is a 98 Legacy Wagon, sadly they did not come turbo :( but it gets up and down from the mountain just fine

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice! Im diggin the 5 spoke wheels. VERY classy. ;)

-Brian

·
Invert.
257 Posts
My friend was lookin at gettin a vw gti r32 (all car names are now officialy taken up, only letters remain). Main reason he didn't get it was Subie turbo wagons can take it 0-60. Got an STi instead! Great choice for a family car. I mean yours.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris, I don't remember seeing a tow hitch listed as an option on the Legacy's, only the Outbacks. Some dealers have hitches available as a dealer installed option. There are a couple of 3rd party hitches available from Drawtite and Curts. The Legacy GT's are rated for 2700lbs towing capacity and 200lb tongue weight.

·
Registered
164 Posts
toyotafan said:
Chris, I don't remember seeing a tow hitch listed as an option on the Legacy's, only the Outbacks. Some dealers have hitches available as a dealer installed option. There are a couple of 3rd party hitches available from Drawtite and Curts. The Legacy GT's are rated for 2700lbs towing capacity and 200lb tongue weight.
I've seen minivans w/ hitches. I bet your AWD TURBO wagon can pull more than those FWD slugs... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah, it's hard to resist knowing more power is on tap with just a couple of simple mods.

Speaking of modaholics, what are you doing to your car? :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you get the launch control too? I bet that's going to be fun wiring in. Do you have a fields harness?

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
Ya no kidding on the wiring thing! I have avoided the harness, but now it is time to invest in it. Problem is that there are a lot of wires to cut and solder outside the main ECU. The feilds will provide for an easier "uninstall" if I want to remove it.

Yes it comes with launch control & full throttle shifting :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts