Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new daily to replace the 335i, I love that car, but it's just a tad small. I was looking at a C6 Z0, M3, and I even thought a little about early 00's 360, but I had a few issues, C6 Z0, lots around here, and the flat seats kill me, M3, too small, 360, too old. I never thought I'd own an import, but I love this car. 2010 GT-R w/Premium Package, 8k on it and I freakin' love it. I really didn't think I'd like this car as much as I do. It's bone stock, and it pulls hard for what it is. It will get downpipes, midpipe, catback, and a tune tomorrow and should be good for 550-570awhp.

More pics this weekend I'm sure.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winters are hit and miss, 1 winter we'll have hardly any snow, the next, we'll be snowed in for 2 weeks. Last winter we had 18" in 2 hours on multiple occasions. The car does ride firm, not "hard" but firm, but it helps it feel more analog, so I'm just fine with that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Winters are hit and miss, 1 winter we'll have hardly any snow, the next, we'll be snowed in for 2 weeks. Last winter we had 18" in 2 hours on multiple occasions. The car does ride firm, not "hard" but firm, but it helps it feel more analog, so I'm just fine with that.

So you really don't have "winters" for the kind of feedback I was referring to. :(

·
RSP fetish #23 GTR driver
518 Posts
Congrats! Great choice of DD.
I was on same boat, looking at E92M3 and R35.
Me too, I freakin' love GTR.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Congrats man, you and I have similar taste! My new daily driver...2011 GTR :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter, I saw your car on NAGTROC, I was pissed, I wanted white as a first choice. Your car is killer. I gave up on sticking to a specific color, I was good with white, red, or black (in that order), and this one, one of my buddy's is the finance manager at the sister dealer so he got the asking price way down.

Good to see that random leather patch on my driver seats, that's lacking on my passenger, isn't a fluke! I think I've put 600 miles on this car in 3 days.

·
JZA80
3,123 Posts
What can these cars be bought for these days? And how is maintenance? Looks like a nice DD.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Congrats on the new daily! I love those cars... They work very well as a daily driver in Tennessee weather, and I'm sure it would be fine in colder weather as well...

You will be very surprised once you get your downpipes, midpipe, catback, and a tune... The car will be a whole different beast... Let us know your thoughts once you have everything installed and tuned...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
congrats on the pickup, I dont mean to be rude, but would you mind sharing what you paid? I think a used GTR may be my next car.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
So you really don't have "winters" for the kind of feedback I was referring to. :(
A RWD or FWD car works GREAT in the winter if you have REAL SNOW TIRES. A 4WD car with SNOW TIRES works even better. I don't see why the GTR would be worse than the normal 4WD systems out there, and if it's on par or better (should be) then it's a GREAT winter DD.

Congrats on the purchase. They are pretty slow stock, but with some mods can be made pretty fast!

·
Money Power Respect
1,008 Posts
Trust and Houston, congratulations on your new cars. For a DD, bolt-ons with a tune is all you really need, and you will still kill most cars you encounter.

Trust, are you in the DC area? The reason I ask is that the weather you described matches ours.

FWIW, someone made a post in the GTR forums stating that he's seen the used GTR market settle in the 60s.

·
Yup.
683 Posts
Ditto..I wanna hear some feedback on how practical this car really is for someone in the north.
I live in Wisconsin. . .there is a gentleman up the street from me whose son drives his GT-R all year round. Sort of odd to see a GT-R driving around in a snowstorm, but it appears to do alright :dunno:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What can these cars be bought for these days? And how is maintenance? Looks like a nice DD.
congrats on the pickup, I dont mean to be rude, but would you mind sharing what you paid? I think a used GTR may be my next car.
Doesn't matter to me, I didn't get any kind of crazy deal. The dealer was asking $75,500, I ended up paying $70,300 out the door. I can't find any lower mileage ones below $67k ish, and those were all 09's (doesn't matter really). They have come up a lot in the last 6 months, but so has everything else.

Congrats on the new daily! I love those cars... They work very well as a daily driver in Tennessee weather, and I'm sure it would be fine in colder weather as well...

You will be very surprised once you get your downpipes, midpipe, catback, and a tune... The car will be a whole different beast... Let us know your thoughts once you have everything installed and tuned...
For sure, the parts should be here today, and I'll have them on by Sunday.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I had seen a few 10K plus mileage cars listed for around 50K about 4-5 months ago. they were all private owners though, and I wasnt sure about the status on their factory warranty, or condition of brakes,tires,maintenance... which of course adds up quick on these.

·
Go Fcuk Your Mother
1,046 Posts
A friend of mine just recently got one of these and I was a bit skeptical at first but once he launched it that car will rip your face off. Def would get one of these as a daily but our winters here get pretty nasty.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts