1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 mk3
turbo
a71 trans Japan make

So it looks like I'm having a nice spark problem... cam shaft sensor I have power but to the coils nothing but ground 3 of the pins has 0.03v when cranking but no spark .. ideas
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey @Cookie chef this does not look good. Are you pulling the engine? Last I saw a post from you you were tracing some wiring problems.

I don't think you gave us enough details about the ignition problem to go on. Did the engine suddenly stop or refuse to start? Can you tell if the ignition related harnesses were tampered with too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @Cookie chef this does not look good. Are you pulling the engine? Last I saw a post from you you were tracing some wiring problems.

I don't think you gave us enough details about the ignition problem to go on. Did the engine suddenly stop or refuse to start? Can you tell if the ignition related harnesses were tampered with too?
It ran very well for a while then I pulled the passenger seat so I can lay dinomat and then pulled the driver seat then ...... nothing I get
1.3 v while cranking but only .3 when the car is on
I checked to see if I pinced a wire but to no avail

·
Registered
226 Posts
1. Could be a ground you disturbed somewhere. Check all the ground lugs in the interior you can find and make sure they are all tight and making contact with solid metal.
2. Maybe you triggered your alarm and now don't have power to the start relay. Close the hood and try using the key to lock the doors and then unlock to reset and see what happens. An unhappy Anti-theft module will cause you not to have voltage in the start relay circuit. Anti Theft should be lighting an LED on the dash but not always the easiest light to notice. Been there before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts