Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been testing and evolving this system for the last 10 months now. We are finally ready to release our first complete Dry Sump kit for the 2JZGTE.
I don’t want to post any pricing on here to offend any of the advertisers but I wanted to let you guys have a look at our set up. More info can be found our our site.
The Twins Turbo dry sump system uses a custom side mount Aviaid pump in either 4 stage or 5. The pump mounts to the block in the location of the AC compressor using a custom billet aluminum bracket.

We set the pulleys up for a max 10K engine rpm to keep the pump in its operating range. Most guys will not go over 10,000 rpm and if they do we could set them up with a custom pulley set to suite their combination.

For the oil pans we wanted to use cast aluminum like the factory lower pan to maintain as much of the strength in the lower half of the block as we could. We got with ARE who was making the oil pans for Bullish racing a few years ago. We made several major changes to the pan’s design to fit it properly with the factory steering rack and front cross member, also to make the pan dual use for drag racing as well as road racing. The same pan is used for the 4 stage and the 5 stage kit’s we are making.

We also use a Brown and Miller crimp machine for the plumbing lines. B+M is not as well known to most people but they are very popular in most racing circles. Their plumbing lines and fittings are some of the best and lightest out there. They also look very clean and are PTFE lined for long life.

Special thanks to Dan B for letting me post pictures of his engine. Dan has the 5 stage kit and plumbing with heat shielding. Dan is also a big fan of black so his pan is painted to match the rest of his engine theme.
He is a low key guy who doesn’t post here and likes to keep his stuff under the radar. So thanks Dan..
Eric

·
4,417 Posts
:eek2: <- that pretty much sums it up for me! :D Just sick Eric!

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
Looks badass Eric, glad it's finally released. You should put up a pick of your remote filter setup for this as well.

I will be working on the lengths for the BM lines soon

·
Registered
216 Posts
steppin it up yo!

Thats a super sick dry sump setup. The twins have done it again! Bringing more innovation and parts to the table for supra owners. Now I have one more thing to save up my loot to buy!

·
Registered
89 Posts
What kind of vacuum are you seeing at 6-8k? Any issues with seals flipping?

Looks killer! ARE makes killer stuff!

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I'm almost speechless....wow, gorgeous machine art

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
you guys asking for pricing...obviously you didn't even look on their website

1 - 20 of 87 Posts