Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the auto car back out to the track tonight after having alternator problems on Thursday. Only got to make 2 passes due to the crowd.

First pass

1.435 60'
[email protected]
[email protected]

Car was picking up knock though the sensor was grounded? So it was pulling timing.

Next pass

1.433 60'
[email protected]
[email protected]

Still picking up knock even though we changed the way it was grounded. Seems the sensor is bad so we will swap in the new sensor and go make more passes next week. It was nice to get some passes again with no major problems after so many for so long. Brian was doing a hell of a job getting it out the hole and down the track.

VID
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0mBg_A-KTlo

·
92 Soarer TT
156 Posts
seens how you are from NC, do you happen to know johnTSI? his DSM is in the 9's too

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johntsi is my screen name on most other boards.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
He said DSM...:1poke:
I know, but I can always hope. Every once in awhile you run across someone that calls a stealth/3000gt a DSM. I guess if someone had enough knowledge to get one to run a 9.5 they would also be smart enough to know its not a DSM. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up, it only sets you up for a let down.

I do have a question, Why does everyone race the 1g's? Are they lighter or something? I know Shep uses one. But the pro-rwd (i think) on the Nopi show is a 2g (it's white). Obviously his isn't anywhere close to a street car so maybe it just doesn't matter what body is on his. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
1g's are lighter but they are also cheaper therefore more prone to be bought and turned into track sluts. Alot of people pick up 1g parts cars for really cheap and end up turning them into race cars or what not. The 1gs also have a better setup as far as the motor mounts and suspension go which makes them more "let's take it apart real quick to fix this so we can run it again before the end of the day" friendly than a 2g. (1g has 3 motor mounts on motor and 1 on trans whereas 2g has 3 motor mounts on trans and 1 on engine. So you have to take more shit out to drop the trans. And as far as the suspension goes, i forget what the name is but the 2g has the harder configuration whereas the 1g has the easy configuration where u can drop the springs (to pull the axles) really quick. And then you have the 6 bolt thing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts