Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grab some tissue and prepare to wet yourself after you check out the new Ducati Desmosedici RR!!!!

http://londonbikers.com/article/fc08acfa-aaaa-4888-9949-2b543791f42c

Ducati Desmosedici RR Technical Specifications:

Engine:

Type: L-4 cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, Desmodromic, 4 valves per cylinder, gear driven camshafts
Displacement: 989 cc
Power: More than 200 HP @ 13,500 rpm*
Torque: n/a
Fuel Injection: Four 50 mm Magneti Marelli throttle bodies, 12-hole “microjet”with injectors over throttle, manual idle control;
Exhaust: ‘4 into 2 into 1’vertical exit exhaust/silencer
Emissions: Euro 3

Trasmission:

Gearbox: 6-speed; Cassette type
Clutch: Dry multi-plate slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated

Vehicle:

Body: Full Carbon Fibre Bodywork
Frame: Tubular steel trellis hybrid, carbon fibre seat support, aluminium swingarm
Front Suspension: Ohlins ‘FG353’ PFF forks USD 43 mm pressurized, with preload, rebound and compression adjustment, TiN coated sliders
Front Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Rear Suspension: Ohlins rear shock, with rebound, low/high speed compression adjustment, and hydraulic preload adjustment
Rear Whee: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Tyres: Bridgestone
Front Brake: Two Brembo radial “monoblock” callipers with four 34 mm pistons; two semi-floating 320 mm x 6 mm discs, with machined flange: the same as GP6 wet race set-up
Rear Brake: 240 mm fixed disc, floating calliper with two 34 mm pistons
Fuel tank: Aluminium alloy
Dry Weight: n/a
Instruments: New lightweight Corse electronic multifunction dashboard with LCD ‘bar’ graph tachometer, trip/odometer, anti-theft immobilizer, lap time measurement, oil pressure, fuel reserve, EOBD, clock, air temperature, rev counter.

Version:

Colours: Two versions - 1) Desmosedici RR: Rosso GP with a white number plate on the tail section; 2) Desmosedici RR “Team Version”: Rosso GP with broad white fairing stripe.

A team sponsor decal kit will be provided with each bike.

Versions: Single-seat

* With racing exhaust (102 dB) – without catalytic converter.

estimated price: approximately $65,000 USD

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Mechanically a very impressive bike but visually not very impressive. What happened? Ducatti use to make very sexy italian bikes.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kerry1 said:
Mechanically a very impressive bike but visually not very impressive. What happened? Ducatti use to make very sexy italian bikes.
to each his own.

i love the look! i was literally in shock and awe when i first saw the pictures. they really smoothed out the lines and basically brought motogp to the streets.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
toysupra1 said:
to each his own.

i love the look! i was literally in shock and awe when i first saw the pictures. they really smoothed out the lines and basically brought motogp to the streets.
:agreed: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As I keep staring at the pic's I see the great attention to detail mechanically. It's stunning! :drool: They definately put in some time engineering the bike. But the bike doesn't have a real look for me. I sit here in my home office looking at my 6 foot picture of a 916 that I've had forever and it still evoke's emotion to me that new bike just doesn't (even though that new RR would kill the 916 at the track or the street). True it's got a "moto gp" look to it but it doesn't have any defining line's or sex appeal like the old ducatti's were known for. They have alway's been tempermental or pricey to maintain but the exotic line's and rarity alway's made them stand out from other bike's. Sometime's style overcame function but that was the price you paid to own one. Maybe I'm stuck in the past as far as bike design or styling but with such an awesome platform, they could have put more sex appeal into the bike. To me it's just too round and ugly. :barfkiss:

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
65k?!!!!
omg

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i did some more research and it comes with a 3 years warranty and 3 years maintenance service. the forks alone are around $10k and the entire fairing is carbon fiber.

$65K is cheap compared to the actual cost to develop and make the motogp bike.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
kerry1 said:
What happened? Ducatti use to make very sexy italian bikes.
Terblanche happened, who designed the horrid looking 749 and 999 bikes. Ducati is still recovering from his hellish ways. The 'dici is much closer to the legendary 916 styling, but still has a ways to go.

Fortunately, in the mechanical and soul departments, they're as badass as they ever were.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Simba said:
Terblanche happened, who designed the horrid looking 749 and 999 bikes. Ducati is still recovering from his hellish ways. The 'dici is much closer to the legendary 916 styling, but still has a ways to go.

Fortunately, in the mechanical and soul departments, they're as badass as they ever were.
Thank you, that is what I was getting at. :bigthumb: But to ride that bike I'm sure would be pure heaven. :wackit:

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Damn!! That is one sexy Duc!

·
Registered
88 Posts
i think its sexy but i wouldn't give that much for it! for $65K i could have a Jap 1K putting out 200bhp, brembo brakes, ss lines, race fairings, and alot of money left over

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hayaboosta said:
i think its sexy but i wouldn't give that much for it! for $65K i could have a Jap 1K putting out 200bhp, brembo brakes, ss lines, race fairings, and alot of money left over
yes but i think its more of the rarity and exclusiveness of actually owning one of these rather than making a bike that is up to par in performance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts