Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
370WHP and 374ft lbs of torque with a killer power band through a A340 with my custom valve body and with the torque converter unlocked on 16 PSI. Ran out of fuel with the 750CC injectors. I need to go to a bigger pump because we logged fuel pressure and it was dropping off 20 PSI could possibly be a ruptured hose in the tank so going to look into it tomorrow!

The power band is damn impressive for stock NA cams at this power level (custom cam timing) Very happy at where its at now compared to before.

Specs and setup

7MGE (Full NA-T) 152k old all original except for felpro head gasket and ARP bolts
Stock NA cams (custom cam timing)
A340E Custom valve body shift kit (8 row hayden cooler)
CT26 57 trim turbo (External waste gate setup on stock manifold)
DM FMIC
NGK BKR7E's gapped to .25
Stock GTE ECU (Knock Sensors bypassed) *don't try this at home kids*
Greddy Emanage blue (Injector control, software and tuning)
RC engineering 750CC injectors
Lexus AFM (screw all the way out)
E85 Pump gas
IGN timing @ 10 degree's base

This is on a Eddy Brake load hub dyno

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Good numbers! I thought an upgraded CT would make more top end power.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
Awesome numbers, and power curve too boot. Bet this car pulls like hard rape!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The power band is ridiculous. I left the ign timing the same because we didn't want to chance it until I get the fuel issue sorted as Im on a felpro head gasket. It would have done about 415WHP and some torque as well with 2 more PSI and 3-4 degree's of timing advanced added in.

You also got to account that this is through a Auto trans with an unlocked converter resulting in about 25% drive train loss or more. It is also a Eddy brake load dyno so reads low. Dyno jet with the added power and boost would be near 450-475 wheel with an inertia run. But those aren't real numbers so it doesn't matter.

I am right at 500 crank HP which equates to 375WHP.

And yes degree E85

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Why are your knock sensors bypassed? Because of NA block, false knock?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The harness was bad and was setting a knk sensor code. Instead of replacing the wiring I just bypassed it with two resistors to ground so it runs full timing all the time. We are using knk ears while tuning plus the knk threshold of E85 is great and I would probably will never knk. We did lots of high load runs and never got any knk.

And yeah its a NA block with only one sensor.

·
Registered
998 Posts
wow man, very nice!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,307 Posts
Why does it look so lazy? Or is this just me? 250 TQ at 4000 RPM? Where you ramping it up slowly because of the auto?

What pump did you put in and what lines...

I'm betting you are maxing the stock lines and the 1 pump isn't enough.. >E85 is a pig on gas

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We were doing the runs in 3rd gear with the torque converter unlocked (2800 stall) It spools earlier on the street for sure. Im sure if the converter was locked it would have been different numbers.

I found my issue with the fuel pressure dropping off was the wiring, with the 1:1 reference it was loading up the pump and voltage was dropping to 11 volts. Ran a new 12ga wire all the way back and its rock solid now. I was using a Walbro 255 in tank but went a E85 compatible Deatchwerks 300-1. Running all stock lines and fuel rail. Wish I would have logged FP voltage first before assuming it was the pump. If you do the math with the 750CC injectors Im right at about where they max out at the crank. Ill get a shot of the new graph tomorrow at the shop.. yeah going in on sunday SUCKS!

Heres a video after we got it off the dyno out in front of the shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts