Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dyno'd the Supra this past Saturday. I'm really pleased with the results, my already strong BPU numbers went up another 32 hp and 34 torque at the wheels after the addition of the Greddy 3 row.

Final numbers after SAE correction were 457 rwhp & 482 rwt, 19 psi, 100 octane gas, the CF was 1.00, conditions were 62.4 F, 29.23" Hg.

I made 11 more horsepower than my closest competitor, an LS1 Camaro with all the bolt ons, Y pipe, cut out, !cats and a 150 shot. I bet we would be a very close race from a roll.

I have always kept my stock IC clean, and have pressure tested the intake tract and IC pipes many times. The gain is due to the IC, not to fixing an undiscovered boost leak.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Lagtime said:
I dyno'd the Supra this past Saturday. I'm really pleased with the results, my already strong BPU numbers went up another 32 hp and 34 torque at the wheels after the addition of the Greddy 3 row.

Final numbers after SAE correction were 457 rwhp & 482 rwt, 19 psi, 100 octane gas, the CF was 1.00, conditions were 62.4 F, 29.23" Hg.

I made 11 more horsepower than my closest competitor, an LS1 Camaro with all the bolt ons, Y pipe, cut out, !cats and a 150 shot. I bet we would be a very close race from a roll.

I have always kept my stock IC clean, and have pressure tested the intake tract and IC pipes many times. The gain is due to the IC, not to fixing an undiscovered boost leak.
That is great Chip. I have seen and felt the difference on the street but I wasnt sure if it would show on the dyno. I think I might switch to the 3 row myself. Have to give yourself a + now. Not straight BPU anymore.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: New dyno numbers with FMIC

Silver Orchid SP60 said:

That is great Chip. I have seen and felt the difference on the street but I wasnt sure if it would show on the dyno. I think I might switch to the 3 row myself. Have to give yourself a + now. Not straight BPU anymore.
Thanks Ced, I can feel the difference too, but I didn't know if it would show up on a stationary dyno.

All 3 runs I made were within 5 rwhp of each other, and after the final run the outlet side of the IC was still very cold, although the intake side was quite warm. My stock IC would get really hot, and drop 15 rwhp between the 1st and 2nd run.

In addition to greater cooling, my guess is the Greddy has less pressure drop across the core than the stocker. My dyno shows more HP earlier in the RPM than at BPU, and it doesn't drop below 400 until 6700.

Great sig pick, BTW, were you out in the Dole plantation?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good numbers!! I ask a few weeks back if anyone has seen a hp increase w/ a fmic. I bought a Greddy 3 Row but haven't put it on yet. Once again strong bpu. What boost controller do you have? That 19psi what gear was that in?
Later Ed

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed Vale said:
Good numbers!! I ask a few weeks back if anyone has seen a hp increase w/ a fmic. I bought a Greddy 3 Row but haven't put it on yet. Once again strong bpu. What boost controller do you have? That 19psi what gear was that in?
Later Ed
I use a Hallman MBC, the dyno was in 4th.

T

·
0 Posts
those are some nice #'s. you got the sheet scanned?

now its time for a 1/4 time so your not another supra dyno queen.

nothing against supras, but i sick of meeting supra guys and hearing.

"so whats it run?
supra:
"havent been to the track, but laid down xxx to the wheels"

sorry but the last 3 i've talked to(2bpu and a t78) have said the same shit as above. except the t78 said 700 something.

later

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
twisted4banger said:

"so whats it run?
supra:

sorry but the last 3 i've talked to(2bpu and a t78) have said the same shit as above. except the t78 said 700 something.

later
I guess we have something in common. I'm sick of guys with 3 post asking me to prove myself.

I've been to the track plenty, if you had any manners I might even discuss it with you.

D

·
0 Posts
Nice #'s chip, sorry i could'nt make it but cash was low and i had appt. for r&d today and wanted to have more tune time you know. Did you see my #'s, look's like you were right on your estimate. Time for us to hit the track huh.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Lagtime said:

Nice runs....what air conditions was your previous dyno run done at?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
LOL Not everyone takes their car to the track. I know I don't, partly because there's not a local quarter mile track here and partly because I'm just not interested in beating on the car by launching it hard on slicks. But I love to race on those "mexican test tracks" whenever I get the opportunity. And in those type races, it's usually best if no one knows exactly what your car will turn in the quarter. Furthermore, if the Walser Supra had never been to the track (I don't recall if it has or not), would you say it's just a dyno queen? If Peter B's old car had never been to the track, yet pulled on the Hennessey megabuck TT Viper and a 'Busa or two, is it still just a dyno queen? Would a timeslip somehow make these cars more legitimate than they already are? 700+ RWHP in a Supra will most likely kick some ass, whether you call it a dyno queen, or not. Just because no one has shown you what the car will do in a particular type of race (the standing-start quarter mile) doesn't make the car any less or any more than what it is. :)

Steve
726 rwhp, several MTT victories, no visits to the drag strip

twisted4banger said:

"so whats it run?
supra:

later

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: New dyno numbers with FMIC

TT_6SPD_95 said:

Nice runs....what air conditions was your previous dyno run done at?
Tony, previous dyno (425/448) was at 87 F, 29.15" Hg, 550 feet elevation, the CF was 1.04.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
deavenly1 said:
Nice #'s chip, sorry i could'nt make it but cash was low and i had appt. for r&d today and wanted to have more tune time you know. Did you see my #'s, look's like you were right on your estimate. Time for us to hit the track huh.
I saw your numbers Mike, I was close, only missed by 4 rwhp. :)

Let's head out to LACR sometime soon. Drop me a mail if you want to go.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Congrads Chip. i have always wondered what the before and after dyno numbers are. Do you have a dyno sheets? Please post it. I would like to see what your RWHP is at redline. It looks like stock twins are good for ~400 RWHP through the entire powerband.

I haven't seen any dyno sheets that had much more than 400 rwhp at redline. My little phr street kit puts about 430 rwhp at redline on low boost. Too many people are concentrated on peak rwhp. Not to accusing u of such a thing... it is all about average rwhp or aka trap speeds. I don't mind being a dyno queen. I usually take my gtech and monitor my trap speed. I admit i am not the best driver so 1/4 doesn't do my car justice and that probably true for many other owners.

People who say RWHP don't count at all are just jealous that they don't have it PERIOD.

Sid
"loves the fact that he has 574 rwhp of braggin rights!"

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sidwin said:
Congrads Chip. i have always wondered what the before and after dyno numbers are. Do you have a dyno sheets? Please post it. I would like to see what your RWHP is at redline. It looks like stock twins are good for ~400 RWHP through the entire powerband.

I haven't seen any dyno sheets that had much more than 400 rwhp at redline. My little phr street kit puts about 430 rwhp at redline on low boost. Too many people are concentrated on peak rwhp. Not to accusing u of such a thing... it is all about average rwhp or aka trap speeds. I don't mind being a dyno queen. I usually take my gtech and monitor my trap speed. I admit i am not the best driver so 1/4 doesn't do my car justice and that probably true for many other owners.

People who say RWHP don't count at all are just jealous that they don't have it PERIOD.

Sid
"loves the fact that he has 574 rwhp of braggin rights!"
Sid, I agree completely that total area under the curve is more important than peak. My car drops to 400 rwhp at 6700, I am sure a little fuel tuning to lean it out above 6000 would pick those numbers up a bit.

If you have the dynojet runviewer (you can download it from www.dynojet.com) I will email the dyno runs to you. If someone wanted to host the sheets for me let me know.

I'm not the greatest driver either, but my car sure moves when I hit it, makes me happy. :)

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
email it to me... [email protected] i have the software...

thanks,
sid

PS- i saw nytony and andi 47X rwhp runs and all with the same results. redline is bad for those stockers because of the heat and they loose efficiency... but hey they aren't that many things u can't beat at 400 rwhp ;)

T

·
0 Posts
dahm, calm down chip i guess i came off a little harsh.

i think walser proves himself w/o a timeslip and so do many others, but its funny how the last 3 i have met all think a 1/4 is nothing and only thing that matters is dyno #'s. they both matter imo. saying one doesnt matter is BS.

and i would like to know your track results, i've driven a few mkiv's from bone stock(valet,shhh) to bpu+ fmic and they are a bitch to lauch, but that doesnt mean you dont have to drag it at all.

thats like a gsx racing you to 60 on the street and saying hes the fastest car because he can beat anything to 60. like supras love rolls 70-150++. you got to do both for a complete car. those 70 rolls isnt driver, its machine.

another thing, its very easy to make a supra have 400+ hp, but not to shoot it down the track.

car can be fast, but if driver isnt then the cars not either, you get it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts