Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well dynoed the car today again did some tuning on it. Did 488.6 whp and 451tq on 16psi and pumpgas with the fuel being almost perfect across the board this was all dynoed with the stall unlocked. I was curious what you guys thought and if this is decent for the setup. I have a 1994 stock cams head and bottom end. I did fuel system pump, boost logic trans, 4400 stall, t88 turbo setup greddy 3 row and thats it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I am curious to how much whp my trans and stall setup being unlocked eats up anyone have runs before and after stall.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Can you post the dyno sheet? what was your afr for the run like? Seems a little low, but not too bad.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i will get the sheet up. Being I had no cams cam gear, pulleys, and all with auto and high stall I thought that was ok on 16psi on an 88. If I look the stall would do better but didnt so.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hum, I would think a T88 on 16psi would at least put down 520RWHP if not 550...I managed 520RWHP @ 16psi on my T-78 on pump gas.
Do you have a FMIC? What type of fuel were you running and what were your air/fuel ratios? Seems pretty low for a T88 to me even with an auto.
-Chris

G

·
The tc was unlocked people. That number sounds about good to me. With the high stall, the dyno numbers are sometimes misleading. I know in one case someone was dynoing less than 600rwhp but trapping near 140mph.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep thats what i am saying. Being I have stock head cams and cam gears along with no pulleys. I think on 16psi that is good with the stall unlocked. I was told by kean he did 590whp with stall unlocked and hell he ran high 9s and those dyno numbers were also on unlocked stall. I have the same setup that he used to have.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
You're numbers are very good for pump gas and unlocked converter, especially on such low boost....For reference, my car makes around 450-460whp on 18psi with my 67 (also on stock head)...

Can anyone confirm that cams will help with a pump gas number? How much gain can I expect on pump with my 264's installed?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i thought that was good being the stall was unlocked and a very conservative tune. I am gonna do more tuning soon and hope to dyno on race gas. I think cams will definately help out because seems like on the top end power is falling off due to the stock cams

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
The numbers seem fair to me. Very low boost and those TCs (especially at 4400 rpm) eat up a lot of hosepower. Are you on alphabet soup or on AEM? What kind of AF ratio? Enjoy the car! :D

-Olivier

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the AEM and pulled almost 11.8 to 12 across the board

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
andrew, on pump with 264s you will gain ~25whp.

Greg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i will be tuning it more in two weeks when justin gets here. I hope to run 28 psi and tune it there then if needed I will do cams and so on. I am wanting to run low 10s thats my only goal.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
1fastgst said:
Well i will be tuning it more in two weeks when justin gets here. I hope to run 28 psi and tune it there then if needed I will do cams and so on. I am wanting to run low 10s thats my only goal.
You'll be fine as long as you can get out of the hole and stick....:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have some nitrous if I need it. Hope to do it without nitrous but if not I will use the bottle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts