Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres the new results same mods with only 1 hr of time. min. tuning since the wideband was bad. so no real adjustments were made just pulls.im sure when the wideband is working i can lean it out and make some near record breaking power. i think the car is pig rich now but that will change on my next session.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
So you said that the wideband was bad? So that 14.0:1 air fuel ratio is incortrect? Good numbers btw.

Mike

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the tuner said it was no good. he ordered a new one then im back on it. i know for sure i am running very rich not lean. i added a lot of fuel for these pulls.im in the +% ranges on my afc ,im normaly deep in the -% range. i richin it up so it wont go lean.i want to be very safe. and my boost was only hittin 18.7 psi instead of 21 psi.it was like 78 degrees in the shop. next time ill make sure the fan is on high bringin in cold ass air . thanks,bill

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice numbers, what were your SAE numbers?

Be careful until you can confirm your a/f. Just because you added fuel with the safc doesn't necessarily mean you're running rich. Your a/f looks like mine and a lot of other stock twin obd1 cars, lean in the midrange. Here's an example of mine, note the similarities. I was adding +40 on the safc for this run and it was still lean.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Those are crazy #s on the AFC, I know OBDII cars are different, but Iam at -20 up top, and I'm still 10.9:1

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
damn im ObDI and i take out -17% at 6000+ weird.

nice numbers bill

where did u dyno? do u have a VPC? might want to get a VPC for more power.

Brett

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dan 16s said:
+40%? are U sure? at What RPM?
I cranked it up to +40% at 5k rpm where it was ~13:1 to see if it would bring it down, it didn't really help much. At 6k rpm I'm taking out 14% and am at ~11:5:1. The obd2 ecu's don't seem to have this problem.

F

·
0 Posts
did he shut your car off directly after the pulls too? He did that when I went with BPUplus and his '95 t78, and I've heard of them doing that to many cars... they also fucked up his tune completely. They don't know how to use the AEM for SHIT. nice guys though LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts