Supra Forums banner

New Esprit dyno results

2K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  ReI86 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we didnt make that much more power, but torque improved substantially.
Only mods so far are Johans Race/High torque ECU combo and K+N air filters.

Old Dyno was 344.6 rwhp and 296.4 ft pds of torque.
New dyno is 350.2 rwhp and 335.2 Ft pds of torque.

It also really cleaned up the air/fuel ratio.

Now time to do exhaust, and turn up the boost!

#10 ·
nice allan. keep us updated.

#13 ·
ryanhulce said:
If it blows up I doubt it would bother Allan too much. When you have the money to play with the toys he has it wouldn't be a big deal :D

Allan how much attention does the Espirt draw compared to your other exotics?
The Esprit draws more attention than any car ive owned other than the lambo. Much more so than any Ferrari ive owned, including my Testarossa, and 355 Spider.

#14 ·
Olivier Caza said:
Awesome ride Allan. Very different. And better than a 360...;)

OT, but have you heard from Alexandru recently? I have not been able to contact him for like 2 weeks now.

-Olivier
Alexandru i believe has been traveling.

#22 ·
Man that's a nice car. It's old but looks better than almost every other new sportscar.

What kind of ECU is it? I don't know anything about the esprit aftermarket, is there a good nr of products available? I can't imagine many of them being modded, so I'm curious who developed that new ECU.

#23 ·
cherzra said:
Man that's a nice car. It's old but looks better than almost every other new sportscar.

What kind of ECU is it? I don't know anything about the esprit aftermarket, is there a good nr of products available? I can't imagine many of them being modded, so I'm curious who developed that new ECU.

There are actually quite a few mods available for the cars. Exhausts, different Ecu's, turbos, intercoolers, Blow off valves, air boxes, intakes. People running nitrous etc. The Ecu is modded by a guy named Johan, who stricktly mods Lotus Esprits. I love the fact, that there have been approx 1000 Esprits made from when they introduced this bodystyle, back in the late 80's. My car is one of 33 Final Editions. You will never see yourself coming and going.

#24 ·
allan said:
There are actually quite a few mods available for the cars. Exhausts, different Ecu's, turbos, intercoolers, Blow off valves, air boxes, intakes. People running nitrous etc. The Ecu is modded by a guy named Johan, who stricktly mods Lotus Esprits. I love the fact, that there have been approx 1000 Esprits made from when they introduced this bodystyle, back in the late 80's. My car is one of 33 Final Editions. You will never see yourself coming and going.
Yours is one of the last 33, and you are modding it???? :dunno:

i would have thought that it would be worth a lot more stock if you ever wanted to sell it, since they are going out of production, and since they are classics as well too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.