Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of putting together my Na-t kit, I was looking for a ffim that would look decent and work with my build- I stumbled upon this. I have never heard of the brand, google searches reveal pretty much nothing. All I have found is one Mk3 guy who runs it but no other information on performance or fitment. Price seems too good to be true, especially to include a 90mm TB and fuel rail. Anyone have thoughts on it? Manufacture is "A-Team" and they seem to mostly make LS Chevy parts.

Link to FFIM -

- Connor

·
From the land down under
3,877 Posts
I have no experience with the company who makes them, but it looks like a well made item, and is a very fair price, given it comes with TB and FR, and free shipping in the USA.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,072 Posts
Interesting. Never heard of them. If it has the “mustang” style square throttle body flange then something like the common Ross Machine Racing/RMR throttle body could be used.

Looks nice from the pics though, wish they showed it installed in a car....

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,253 Posts
Doesn't look bad but if you do decide to go through with the purchase I would suggest sending the manifold to a machine shop to have the throttle body flange and head flange checked. When these are welded, a ton of heat go through them and the aluminum surfaces warp easily. Especially on these cheaper manifolds, the time to deck them flat is not taken. Keep us posted!

600 Posts
I have a turbo setup for you if you're interested. 700hp

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like a fairly good deal, so I might go ahead with it. If it's a solid unit, that's a pretty good deal for something that would cost the average person 8-900.

·
From the land down under
3,877 Posts
Doesn't look bad but if you do decide to go through with the purchase I would suggest sending the manifold to a machine shop to have the throttle body flange and head flange checked. When these are welded, a ton of heat go through them and the aluminum surfaces warp easily. Especially on these cheaper manifolds, the time to deck them flat is not taken. Keep us posted!
This man speaks the truth.

I had my FFIM, and my exhaust manifold flanges decked, as they were both notably warped.

Money well spent, rather than always chasing a leak you cant fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined to say this. These have been coming up for sale recently under a variety of different names - I'm guessing they're all coming out of China?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I might be the MK3 guy you're referring to. I bought that one. My Supra is in a process of a rebuild, so I can't give you a solid answer to the integrity...yet. Looks and feels solid. I will say that it exceeded what I expected as far as packaging and what it comes with. It has all new silicone gaskets, built in holder for throttle cable, fuel rail, fittings for vacuum lines, bolts for mounting, 90mm throttle body, built in EGR block off plate with gasket. I can put up pics if you'd like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts