Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i'm new to this forum, but have been a member of houston240sx.com for a little over a year now. I'm not new to cars tho, and have had my 240 for 6 years so far. My whole reason for joining is because of the new swap I'm doing. I'm going NA-T with a 2jzge. so far i've got the motor in and secured as well as the shifter in and the trans mounts made. Now all that's left is wiring and some exhaust......and turbo kit (shooting for 500 whp), but that's what income tax is for lol. If anybody has some suggestions on where to get a good driveshaft for cheap, lmk. Anyways, here's a pic of the motor in. I know the engine bay is dirty and what not, but its not a show car so it's not a big deal to me.

Motor right before it went in

This is motor in the bay with the intake mani i'm using

Here's the throttle body dilemma i'm trying to figure out

As u can see, it s a work in progress, but it'll get there soon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why all the looks, and not even so much as a "hi, welcome to the forum"? Yet "I'm another mkX owner and everbody is all friendly?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Glad to see somebody likes. I mean, its not pretty, but its super light weight, so it takes hardly any power to make cars like mine stupid fast.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like a lot of hassle, which as we all know is part of the fun.

Will be interested to see how you work around it but you may be better off going back to the NA manifold.

I'll be interested to see how you get on, good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Enjoy yourself

NICE TO HAVE U HERE
GLAD TO SEE U POKING AROUND A REAL ENGINE :stickpoke
AS U SAID ITS GONNA BE STUPID FAST AND THE GOOD THING IS U GOT ALL THE HELP U NEED RIGHT HERE

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why I got it. Not to mention the 2j with wiring and ecu cost me only $100. Got the W58 for free. A Fidanza aluminum flywheel, ebay 6 puck clutch, slave cyl, throw out bearing, modded aristo intake (modded to take the stock na TB, crank pulley, swan neck shifter and ARP flywheel bolts for $500. The flywheel, bolts, clutch kit and slave cyl were all BNIB.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a huge update. I've pretty much finished the swap. More details and pics tonite

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Got a huge update. I've pretty much finished the swap. More details and pics tonite
Noone cares about a running 2JZ-GE Preston :p

j/k

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
actually ended up going back to the n/a mani. figured out how to get a GE running without even a car, just a battery powering up everything and a good squit of gas into the intake.

Here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDjb...e_gdata_player

then i proceeded to take the harness from the motor that is in my car and strip out all the wires that weren't needed which looks like this

40 wires gone:

then i got all the harness wrapped, everything finally installed like hoses, belt, radiator, fan dipstick from a gs300 to match my gs oil pan, ran the fuel lines, hooked up powersteering (come to find out, dohc ka powersteering lines will bolt right up to the ge powersteering pump)

pic before harness wrapping after i made sure everything was long enuff and to put everything where i want it:

pic of the harness wrapped and intake installed for the last time:

and here is the vid of me just turning the key and the thing firing up. i'm checking for vac leaks in the vid and didn't find it till after the vid was done lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3GCG...e_gdata_player

now all is left is driveshaft and some gauges to keep an eye on it and it's driveable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts