Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! Figured I'd finally speak up since I've been a long time lurker and dreamer on here as we finally have the keys to our own Supra. The girlfriend picked this up a few months back and while it is not a turbo it has been plenty of fun. Learned a ton over the years from all of you on here and the info has helped me with quite a few little things here and there on it that it needed once we got it.

It is a 1995 slick top N/A with a manual trans. Under 80k on the body and in fantastic shape inside and out. It is her daily driver so if you see her around Raleigh, don't be shy! I've met several local Supra guys and was able to cruise out to the meet in Winston-Salem this past weekend. Everyone has been nice to us even without it having one of them fancy blow dryers under the hood! Looking forward to meeting more folks and learning more than I ever wanted to about these. And even though I've been more of a muscle car guy the past several years, I do have to admit this thing looks good in the garage! ;)

- Trevor

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Welcome and congrats! The car looks great and you have endless opportunities with it if you choose... Enjoy it in any way that you can!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, she's loves it and is has already been spending money left and right with getting it modded to her liking. I'm sure there will be much more to come.

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
Nice! Welcome. Your car has some of my favorite old school Volk Racing wheels. They look good on all Supras, but white ones in particular. Good times ahead :).

Ken.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Beautiful Supra, and welcome to the forums! She's got great tastes. There's endless paths to take when talking about our beloved MKIV, turbo or N/A.

Let the haters hate!

Cheers,

-Coby

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The haters are usually pretty quiet... until the hood gets popped. Luckily she is a girl so they try not to be too harsh on her lol

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,549 Posts
Welcome to SupraForums!

I think I saw this car on Hwy 70 just NW of Brier Creek on Friday. Have we met? Are you friends with vettwreck?

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
We live right near there and yeup, we've met. It's the one with that weird motor in it ;)
I thought I recognized that car... From the pics the swap looked to have been done properly... More pics! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I thought I recognized that car... From the pics the swap looked to have been done properly... More pics! :)
Haha, I guess I might have forgotten to include the money shot...

Swap was done very nicely, it did need several little things here and there, but we got it about 99% now. It is a blast to drive and handles great!

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
I've liked the car from when it was first posted... Not that I would ever do the swap myself, but it was already done when it was posted for sale and looks very nice in the bay to boot... Thumbs up from me...

Haters gonna hate, but as long as the owner is happy, who cares?!?! I've done some questionable things to my car just because I like it and I don't really take offense when someone says they don't like what I did...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! No videos yet, we actually just got the exhaust redone so you can actually hear it now, it had 3 mufflers on it before and sounded like a Prius. We'll get try to get some posted soon though.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Thanks guys! No videos yet, we actually just got the exhaust redone so you can actually hear it now, it had 3 mufflers on it before and sounded like a Prius. We'll get try to get some posted soon though.
Oh man I would have LOVED that! :rofl: I have a thing for quiet cars that are fast... The one complaint I had about my C6 Z06 is that it was too loud from the exhaust installed by the previous owner... Didn't keep it long enough to swap out LOL!

I like the little updates you have done in the engine bay to black things out... Looks MUCH better btw...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh man I would have LOVED that! :rofl: I have a thing for quiet cars that are fast... The one complaint I had about my C6 Z06 is that it was too loud from the exhaust installed by the previous owner... Didn't keep it long enough to swap out LOL!

I like the little updates you have done in the engine bay to black things out... Looks MUCH better btw...
The louder the better for me! I wanted to just do some turn downs after the X pipe, but she didn't want it to be quite that loud :( Yeah, the chrome and blue and red and black and everything was a little too much for us under there. All of that and the chrome headlight bezels were some of the first things to go.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Haha, I guess I might have forgotten to include the money shot...

Swap was done very nicely, it did need several little things here and there, but we got it about 99% now. It is a blast to drive and handles great!

I thought this Supra was familiar, Awhile back at a C&C event i was approached by some guys and asked if "is this the supra with the LS motor". You were parked a few rows away from my (White HT 6 speed) that day in Morrisville.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts