Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recently descided to put a very large sum of money into the Supra. So far I have collected:
Walbro 255, 550cc RCs, Lex AFM, PWR rad, Spearco intercooler, Greddy type-s, ceramic coated hard pipes, Spec stage 3, RPS flywheel, Ross pistons & rings, Pauter rods, rebuilt head, ARP hardware, ported exhaust mani. . .

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Gilsdorf/IMG_1026.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Gilsdorf/43bdd54a.jpg

Current mods are as follows: K&N fipk, apexi avc-r, Greddy SP cat back, HKS dp, cross drilled rotors F&R, ss brake lines, F&R strut tower bars (GREX), ROH drift-r 17x8 . . .

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Gilsdorf/635aff3f.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Gilsdorf/9b40fe6f.jpg

Waiting on the machinist to finish the block, still debating about the turbo (sp61, full TO4, or other).
Yet to order: SAFC, AFR, sway bars, bbk, new seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
badass man, i wish i had the money to order that much stuff for my supra. car looks great
 

·
Chris Dickens
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
Sounds like a good list. Let us know what you end up deciding with the turbo. Should make some good power, but it seems that money is no object, so instead of Lexus and 550s why didn't you go with a MAP ECU, or a VPC (if you could find one)?
 

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
Joined
·
3,292 Posts
I just think it's sweet to see someone who is actually investing the money in go fast, stop fast, and run good parts... Good job...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Ditch the Greddy Type-S. You will understand why if you actually decide to put it on the car. Get a HKS or Blitz. Many many people have had problems with the Type S (I went through 3 myself). Good list though. Good luck with putting it all on.
 

·
DAMN u a big one lady
Joined
·
1,278 Posts
Get rid of the HKS DP and get a BIC DDP, add some serious power. Everything else looks good bro. Good luck
 

·
I Didn't Do It!
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
hes upgrading the turbo so unless he goes SP61 BICDDP is pointless, as it's made for the ct-26(correct me if i'm wrong)
 

·
desufnoC
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
Trent said:
Ditch the Greddy Type-S. You will understand why if you actually decide to put it on the car. Get a HKS or Blitz. Many many people have had problems with the Type S (I went through 3 myself). Good list though. Good luck with putting it all on.
What problems did you have with the Type-S?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
yah, hearing that about the type s is a first for me. The only complaint I have is that there is no o ring on the piston shaft, so when the lower nipple is hooked up like it should be ideally it leaks boost.
 

·
Stock Boost SUX
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
XFFE said:
hes upgrading the turbo so unless he goes SP61 BICDDP is pointless, as it's made for the ct-26(correct me if i'm wrong)
You sir are correct.

Most turbo "kits" come with the DP, but if you dont buy a kit, you'll need a custom DP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback, I've never heard of the type-s leaking but my end up going with the type-r if I run into any issues. The pipes have the Greddy flange already welded on and have been ceramic coated.

Afew other things I forgot to list: tokico Ill II's with eibach springs, genuine Toyo bearings (coated), jethot coated exhaust mani and shields, Swain coated tops and skirts, Bomex three hole (in the third level of back order hell), Cometic/Titan HG.

It's late and I've probably forgot some other stuff, but you get the jist of the quality of vehicle I'm building.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
I had three Type S's on two different turbo setups. Greddy kept replacing them for free for me, so I kept using them. They kept failing and kept not working. Either leaking boost or not opening at all and causing turbo problems. They never worked.

If you already have the Greddy flange on there, get the HKS Racing Bypass Valve. It's not the 400 dollar HKS Racing BOV, it's the Racing Bypass Valve. By far my FAVORITE one I ever had. I sincerely regret ever having gotten rid of it. And coincidentally, it has the same flange. You will like that one a lot better and it's as cheap or cheaper than the Type S. It held over 20psi and 450+ rwhp for me.
 

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
Trent said:
I had three Type S's on two different turbo setups. Greddy kept replacing them for free for me, so I kept using them. They kept failing and kept not working. Either leaking boost or not opening at all and causing turbo problems. They never worked.

If you already have the Greddy flange on there, get the HKS Racing Bypass Valve. It's not the 400 dollar HKS Racing BOV, it's the Racing Bypass Valve. By far my FAVORITE one I ever had. I sincerely regret ever having gotten rid of it. And coincidentally, it has the same flange. You will like that one a lot better and it's as cheap or cheaper than the Type S. It held over 20psi and 450+ rwhp for me.
is the greddy rs ok? I just bought one im installing soon...
 

·
DAMN u a big one lady
Joined
·
1,278 Posts
XFFE said:
hes upgrading the turbo so unless he goes SP61 BICDDP is pointless, as it's made for the ct-26(correct me if i'm wrong)
My bad. I missed seeing that part about him upgrading the turbo.
 

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
XFFE said:
hes upgrading the turbo so unless he goes SP61 BICDDP is pointless, as it's made for the ct-26(correct me if i'm wrong)
almost..it hooks up to an SP61gt as well.

however, id go full out external wastegate 35mm Tial or somethin.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top