Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got the new turbo in the mail its a new garret 60 trim wit .96 a/r i know the a/r is high but i will have to deal for know maybe i can switch it later but it has a 1 year warranty thru garret and it wasnt a cheappy ss turbo from ebay what can i expect for spool i have a 321 ss manifold maft setup hard pipes and eventually 550 injectors and 3 angle valve job on the head anyways heres some pics sorry for quality cheap ass webcam is all i got

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
wow you must be excited, not a single bit of punctuation ;)

looks good man, gonna be one fast chair.

that a/r is massive, expect good top end power but slooooooow spool and not much midrange. i'd def swap it out for a smaller one.

good luck getting it all together.

dave

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Never gonna build boost with that thing man. Garrett has 100 different A/R choices. They shouldn't have charged any more to change A/R's. When I ordered one of mine from Innovative, the price was the same until you got into the A/R's that were bigger than 1.0

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tru sorry for the punctuation was a bit giddy. Im in a hurry for getting her running im going thru a divorce and have been driving my wifes car, but she is moving back to Fl so i was in a rush to get the car finished and that was all they had avail so it will have to do for now ill change it out once my car is back running shouldnt be hard anyways thanks wish me luck...glenn

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mdr40z said:
is that an ebay mani I see, uh-oh
ya thats a ebay mani the ones that claim to be 321 ss but thats a whole diff topic

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
heres the specs on it hopefully i wont have to get some nos to spool lol

0.60 A/R compressor housing
Inducer dia .2.03".
Exducer dia. 2.75".
P-trim exhaust wheel.
0.96 A/R on center turbine housing

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to keep goin on but i notice some turbine housings on ebay for decent price are these hard to install? would the turbo need to be rebalanced?

·
Registered
689 Posts
yah i was gonna suggest maybe a shot of nitrous to help it spool. but other than that and the fact that i hear ebay mani's dont fit. looks good.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also gonna try to find a smaller ar housng what size would be good for this turbo maybe a 68 or 70 ar?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts