1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I believe all BCC's (even the old ones) were roughly tuned from the factory. The fine tuning described on MKIV wasn't stricly necessary it was just a good idea to get it right on. Since every car (sensors) are slightly different (tolerances in design) if you want the BCC dead on you'd have to tweak it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys but that's done nothing to answer my q. I already know tuning it is easy, and that for the car to run right it needs to be tuned. However, I need to know if this new model 15510007 is tuned for the MKIV TT better than the last model was, because the last model was giving some of our members problems if installed without tuning. I don't have a voltmeter, so I don't wanna go through the trouble of locating one if this is a plug and play part now.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Just relax i have the new version bcc and actually freaked out when i got it. I opened the box and was like wtf is this?! Anways, mark go pick up a voltmeter, you won't have to locate them because they are very common. If you don't tune it, expect to hit boost cut. You can get them at walmart, sears, etc... they are cheap and will help you with many problems in the future. I think i paid 10 for mine. Anways you will need to tune it because i think mine was reading around 5 volts when i hooked it up. So i removed the little metal sticky cover on the front and turned the nob and made it read like 3.1 or somthing like that. Never hit boost cut again. Oh and its probably better because it is newer but the main difference that you'll notice is that its half the size at about 5 credit cards stacked up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought we were supposed to be at about 4.1 V, not 3.

But this is on the newer version, huh? Did you try it without tuning it first?

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
:jerkit: Mark its a bcc, it does the same thing as a resistor. There have been 100's of threads about this and it shouldn't be an issue. Hook it up to the battery, tune it to whatever you want, put it in your car. Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude you're pissing me off, little smartass. Don't come in this thread if you're gonna parade around like a little fruitcake. It's a good question, if the new version is already tuned for the mkiv supra to resist the boost cut problem.

And if there are so many threads on this new version, find me one that answers my question. Cuz I couldn't.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
To me it only makes sense to spend $40 on a used BCC and $40 on a voltmeter that you can use for many different things instead of spending $100 on a new BCC that does the same thing. Voltmeters are usually part of multimeters that can also test amperage, resistance and continuity, things I've tested for a lot on cars. If they made one that was preset, I wouldn't want it anyway because the adjustment allows you to compensate for your car, kind of like throwing someone else's S-AFC on a car from a similar car and expecting the tune to be optimized.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ex5.0 said:
To me it only makes sense to spend $40 on a used BCC and $40 on a voltmeter that you can use for many different things instead of spending $100 on a new BCC that does the same thing. Voltmeters are usually part of multimeters that can also test amperage, resistance and continuity, things I've tested for a lot on cars. If they made one that was preset, I wouldn't want it anyway because the adjustment allows you to compensate for your car, kind of like throwing someone else's S-AFC on a car from a similar car and expecting the tune to be optimized.
Yeh I gotcha. Did you see the link that I posted though? HPfreaks sells them for 62 NEW, so I kinda figured rather than all these people selling them for 50 used and risking a DOA, I could just pay 12 more and get a brand new one. I hope other people see that link, that's a pretty decent price for a BCC. Anyway, the gf is buying me the new version, I just wanted to see if I should be tuning it prior, but I guess I'll go find a volt meter and have at it. Thanks.

Gspot said:
This is coming form the same guy who didn't want to put on a downpipe
You'd have to be pretty simple minded to get an idea like that out of that lengthy thread. Nice work.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Did you try calling HPF or any other distributors to get the answer?

It's always safe to check for accurate specs before putting anything on your car...even plugs that come pre-gapped. Just get a voltmeter and you won't have to go through all this. Why make such a big deal?

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Mark are you a fucking crackhead! I told you up above i have the new one and that it was at 5 volts out of the box. You would have to be a stupid fool to not make sure it was at the right setting b4 you put it in your car. "umm...are the new bcc's already set at the right setting for a supra? Because i dont' want to have to get a voltmeter to tune it. Well yes, i do know that for the different model supras there are two different volt settings, oh and yeah i did know that this bcc as well as the old one was made for an mr2 turbo but it should be tuned for my supra right? No? oh well i guess i'll by a used one thats tuned alread." I honestly think i should fly to where you are and slap you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I hope you get banned, because I've read a couple other of your posts and you're causing trouble on those ones too.

Fly over this way, but I can guarantee no slapping will happen.
Ironically as much help as you think you've been, you really didn't help much at all, you just told me a bunch of shit that I've read on MKIV.com and already did on an older model BCC. Keep trolling, kid.

EDIT: What was your former SF name? I remember having trouble with you in the past, by your AIM name. You had the avatar with the screaming face, am I right?

I also now see that you CHANGED your first post to actually give me the info that I wanted. Prob shoulda put that the first time.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So what was your past SF username? You forgot to answer that part.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts