Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing guys driving these around with this shit eating grin on their face like they are fast or something. Are they quick or what? I personally think they are ugly as fuck. Looks like a grand am or gran prix or whatever just another grocery getter. Anyone have one of these as a daily? The thing that sucks is I always run into these guys when I'm in my lexus which I know isn't fast by any means but that's why it's my dd.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
You mean LS2? The GTO never got the LS7.

New one's have a LS7 in them so maybe thats it? Yeah they're ugly, which is why the resale on them is super low.

·
Brevity is our fortune...
805 Posts
I keep seeing guys driving these around with this shit eating grin on their face like they are fast or something. Are they quick or what?
Well when the "shit eating grin", arrived at the dealership looking for an Impala and was pitched a 400hp 3700lb rwd car, it was the fastest thing he'd ever scrape a guard rail with, so he bought it for the price he would have spent on the family wagon.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 04's probably trap at least 103 stock (I did). And the 05/06 are around 108 stock. Not fast by any means compared to what is out there.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
They arnt bad to drive, not "fast" but quick. if they lost 700 pounds or so, they would be ALLOT more fun!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Bland I agree it is. But ugly, not quite.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bland I agree it is. But ugly, not quite.
Just doesn't look like a sports car. Looks like something that dads drive that are still trying to live it up.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Just doesn't look like a sports car. Looks like something that dads drive that are still trying to live it up.
Who says its a sports car? Some of us like cars that aren't obnoxiously styled (i.e Evo). It not the beautiful car, but I'm glad they brought it over at all

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're right ugly is a little harsh. The styling is uninspiring and perhaps bland is the better word. I wish they would have made it a little more sports car and a little less boring.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
I would say a high 12 second stock $25k-ish car is pretty damn fast.

if they had only given it an ounce of style it would be appealing to me.:(

I wish I had a LS2 and 6 speed mt in my car.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think it looks great. very subtle lines and very unobtrusive. my only qualm is the weight, but other than that I like it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you know that this guy doesn't have a 2200hp nelson twin turbo big block at home that runs 7's and drives on the street at home?

I mean afterall, that could be his beater too.. right? Assuming he even cares about racing.

FWIW: I owned a new gto a few years back, and I liked it.. I liked the styling, it wasn't so ridicolous.. I just don't need as much attention as the thread starter does, apparently, lol. It's highly understated.. and plain.. which is find by me. I like the cops leaving me alone but being able to pass people when needed and get 28-30 mpg. Also it's cheap. I bought mine for 18k.. which left me with quite a nice chunk of money to do things like invest.

And what's with the paranoia? Shit eating grin? Do you really think everybody in the world is giving you that much attention to grin at you.. They are probably happy in their situation in life, and are just cruising down the road.. driving back and forth to work in their transportation.. which is what they likely bought the car for, as it gets good gas milage but has nice power.. Not everyone of them is as immature as you looking at every car they see thinking of a possible race.

You are 22? Jeesh. Grow up.

Peace,
Josh

1 - 20 of 86 Posts