Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup everyone, my name is Dustin. I'm a skateboarder from the California bay area. I'm also a dad, and an active duty E-6 in the U.S. Air Force. But at heart I'm still a kid that wants to skate all day and play Gran Turismo on rainy days.

It's been a long career through buying/selling family cars, moving a lot, and it's finally time to buy my dream car. If anyone could offer some advice I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't really have a budget but I'd like to stay under $40,000 and not buy a fully built/unicorn mk4 out of the gate.

I'm back in California so if there are any shops or dealers you could recommend me making contacts with hook me up.

Other than that I'll be reading the forums trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for reading. Here is a shot of my driveway, I have an 08' tC which I've put 100k miles on and looks as good as the day I bought it, and a 19' Compass (wifeys).

·
Registered
570 Posts
welcome sa'nt! Thanks for what you do. I hope you get your dream car soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: PK_Supra

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
Welcome! You'll be able to find something for under $40k.
P.s. I like the scion. We miss our TC. Such a reliable little car that was easy and cheap to maintain.

·
2jz powered
1,649 Posts
Welcome to the Supra Forums and good luck on your hunt for a supra!

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,287 Posts
Welcome to SF! You can definitely achieve your goal with that budget. Word of advice, don't get caught up and make a rash decision when you start to look for a mkiv officially. If you want a TT then don't settle for an NA. I have personally owned na to na-t's and TT's. The best plate-forum to start will always be a TT. (not including a na that's been swapped TT) But definitely don't settle on quality of chassis. Make your mind up on what you want out of the Supra then stick to it. Like most, money starts to burn holes in pockets when you're searching.

Good luck! (y)

·
...pop the hood!
947 Posts
welcome and thank you for your service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts