Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my name is Matt. I recently just got a MKIII supra with a built 7m. Unfortunately due to a problem with my oil pump and oil leaking from my turbo return line i spun a bearing and threw a rod through my block. I am currently disassembling my engine to sale for parts (including a Master Power 73mm turbo).
Im swappin in a 1jz in the next couple of weeks to. Im absolutely in love with this car any suggstions would be greatly appreciated.

here are some pics of my baby:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lets see here, no intercooler from what i can tell to cool the air from the overly large turbo... Looks like a shitty job of a 7M.... Sorry bro, that car is completely shitty..... Why did you buy it??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it has mishimoto front mount. The pics are from when i first got it. I got it because ive always had a love for the mk3s. the overly large turbo puts down around 400hp hits full boost at 3500 rpm it also has forged internals with MHG and arp studs. the r154 trans is still super strong and the twin plate clutch feels nice and stiff. Not to mention the lsd.

·
Registered
894 Posts
well, you didn't mention what you've done to it.. until now.. and as for love for the MKIII i feel the same. But good luck on the rebuild.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to SF...

shitty deal with the bottom end letting go but now you have the excuse to build a monster for it.

-KP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got some good news today. Bottom end is rebuildable. One shop said that it was shot the one i took it to yesterday called and said it can be rebuilt for about 1500. Thats including new forged internals with my crank machined just gotta bore it a little. Now i just need a new oil pump and figured might as well get it ported and polished. This is especially great since i was looking at having to sale the new intake manifold i bought and never put on for half of what i paid for it. I LOVE MY 7M

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great news and thats a decent price for those parts... cant wait to see her back together

·
Registered
202 Posts
What part of TN your in? Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry, that setup isnt putting out that much power. I can see why it blew up to begin with. Running a large, non intercooled, turbo on a stock GE(my guess from the looks) motor on stock GE electronics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow learn to read. The pics are when i first got it. It has a mishimoto fmic and on 20psi or 1.4 bars of boost for those of u who arent familiar with the conversion. I will say again FORGED internals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Knox. I was more or less putting that up for the dude saying that it was a stock ge after i had previously said it had built internals. Im unable to do any new pics at the moment because currently at a local shop here called fastech. They are doin my rebuild

1 - 14 of 14 Posts