Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have taken a before pic. I bought my car with two 10" solobaric subs and two amp, mounted in the back. I dont really want all that in the car, so I took it out.

I bet you I took out 120+ lbs, of stuff. I removed the subs, box, one of the amps, and spare tire and jack.

When they installed the sub box, they cut out a large section of the carpet. I made a little amp display, that is large enough to cover that area. Nothin fancy, but it works.

Looks ok?

·
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn. No comments? Maybe the thread should have been titled:

"I6 under the hood, V12 under the hatch"

·
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You couldn't make the "rack" flush or anything? Or is there something under there other than the big ol' hole in the carpet?

I couldnt have done that here, but that would have been nice. Good idea. Maybe if it was further back, over the spare tire well.

I think it looks ok. You can see the cuts in the carpet, further back. The amps, and sub box did take up most of the hatch. Though it was all built low profile enough so you could still fit the top in the "holders".

·
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep in mind, this is something that took about an hour, start to finish. I had some 1/4" luan, and a mess in the trunk. I guess I could have put more thought into it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Simple and clean... but maybe too much for a small amp.
I know you did it that big to cover the missing carpet... but it looks like it is missing something.
now, if you were to add 1 or 2 more small amps into the same size display it would really be nice.
good work tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts