60 footing
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one where can i find one ?
i came across this pic in some aussi site i also post it in the auss section

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
thats a pretty nasty lookin setup. i think its hte guts of a stock headlight. but to tell you the truth anyone coudl do a better job with just some fiberglass.

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
Yeah, Whats that accusump thing?
The Accusump provides that extra margin of protection that you need against engine damage caused by loss of oil pressure. Racing and high performance street engines by nature are put under a lot of stress by the high G-load situations that they are placed in. As oil in your pan sloshes about, your oil pump pickup can become uncovered, which causes a loss of oil pressure and sets the stage for severe engine damage. The Accusump provides oil during these times reducing the potential for damage.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
It is, but it doesn't really substitute a dry sump setup. Just allows you have have up to an extra 3 quarts, what was in werewolves182 post, and positive oil pressure even when the car is off if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure Jeff Watson runs it on his Supra.

Alex

·
Registered
307 Posts
I wonder if anyone has done a dyno on a Supra with / without the headlight. That way we could have some documented evidence on real improvement by turning the car into "one eyed willy".

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
I doubt on the dyno you will see any difference. All you have is usually one fan blowing at a relatively low speed. One the street/track now you will most likely see a good difference.

Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts