Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running the new Hiper Damper 2 coilovers? I was wondering what how you like them for daily driving and track use. I've heard some people say the Teins are too harsh for daily driving (I know that's subjective) but very good on the track. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm looking for an autox setup which will be adjustable enough to be a daily driver. I currently have the Koni/Eibach combo and want more range of adjustment. Thanks, Jeff B.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
From what I can tell, people get the Teins because they are cheaper. Ground Control makes an application for our cars that has externally ajustable bump and rebound. I don't know how usefull that is, but it sounds nice. http://www.advance-design.com/

I do know that Ground Control coilovers use Eibach racing springs, which are supposed to be more easily obtainable than HKS or Teins (if you want different spring rates).

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
jkbrauch said:
Anyone out there running the new Hiper Damper 2 coilovers? I was wondering what how you like them for daily driving and track use. I've heard some people say the Teins are too harsh for daily driving (I know that's subjective) but very good on the track. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm looking for an autox setup which will be adjustable enough to be a daily driver. I currently have the Koni/Eibach combo and want more range of adjustment. Thanks, Jeff B.
Judging by the spring rate info Dusty gave me... the new HKS's are the same spring rates as the Teins, so there shouldn't be a difference in harshness unless the HKS's have softer damping (which wouldn't exactly be a good thing as you need good damping to control the ride)..

http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/springrates.txt

Andi

·
Registered
145 Posts
jkbrauch said:
I have them. These are the ones w/ the linear springs (as opposed to the Hiper Damper I w/ the progressive springs.).

I'd take the comments about the Teins w/ a grain of salt - I've ridden in the black Supra featured on Overboost.com - w/ 19" rims and Teins - and it's actually quite a nice ride. The differences between the Teins and the HKS is that the HKS has a beefier shock body. The HKS also has adjustable shock valving. HKS provides something like 42 adjustments - I use 12-15 for street driving - and it IS pretty stiff.

If you're anywhere in the San Francisco area - you're more than welcome to drop me an email and check out the ride for yourself.

-Darryl

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I just installed the HKS coilovers and couldn't be happier - with the shocks set up soft the ride isn't bouncy or too firm. There seems to be a very wide range of adjutment on the shock valving compared to what I've seen on other shocks. What ride height are you track people using with coilovers? Thanks, Jeff B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts