Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Big Ups to the MK1 Guys
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the 2011 Turbo S as well.. In she comes already fully-covered in Premier's Satin Guard full wrap:

The HRE P40C's with tires/TPMS installed. You can see the extra machining done on the spokes to save weight:

Off with the stock wheels (which are actually 3-6pounds heavier than the HRE's going on) and on with the factory 997GT2 side skirts:

You can only see 1/2 of the TQ wrench...

Good clearance in the front for PCCB's:

There we go, the new wheels fill the fender much better now. The original factory centerlocks are tucked in due to a very conservative offset hence we went for a more aggressive fitment.

Close-up of the satin charcoal finish:

Ready to go home!

·
Big Ups to the MK1 Guys
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got a few cars done this past couple of weeks with HRE's new one-piece Monoblok Centerlock wheels. One was a Twin Turbo S and the other a Mexico Blue GT3... I never believe all the hype and tend to weigh/compare this stuff since the factory center lock wheels are usually light but check these babies out (good job HRE).

Getting ready for surgery:

Off with those factory wheels!

Off with the bumper and heat shields:

The factory center exhaust ready for removal:

And now removed:

The factory center exhaust weighs 21 pounds vs ours which is 5 pounds:

Sharkwerks Exhaust installed:

The SharkWerks Titanium GT3 tips (another 2 pound saving):

With the wheels and tires removed we weighed the factory wheels which came in at 29.7 pounds for the rears:

And then 23.3 pounds for the fronts:

By comparison the lighter rear P40C wheel went on the scales and registered 22.8 pounds making it 6.9 pounds lighter.

The front P40C wheels came in at 19.7 pounds, which is also 3.6 pounds per corner lighter in the front than the factory wheel:

A shot of the factory centerlocks in grey removed:

·
Big Ups to the MK1 Guys
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In their place will go a set of black factory centerlocks to match the satin black finish of the HRE wheels:

With the HRE's now installed there is a total of 21 pounds of reduction in unsprung weight.

Dan the decal man sporting a SharkWerks shirt and installing a matching Mexico Blue 5hp modification.

Ready to go for a road test:

Ready to go home!

And in case you are wondering what our exhaust sounds like on the 3.8 engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWgjCHwNuE

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Love the Blue GT3!

Shark Werks does some kick ass stuff! Makes me have second opinions about Porsches....

The factory exhaust on the GT3 is crazy looking:crazy:

Yes, the Sharkwerks exhaust does look and sound better

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,306 Posts
Wow - you all have got it going on, there! Thanks for all of the awesome pictures - those cars are just 10/10.

·
Registered
744 Posts
When I purchase my gt3, I will be purchasing your exhaust package. Pure sexy cars you work on there.

-Brian

·
さくら 7
1993 Lexus SC300
900 Posts
Those are some nice wheels and their crazy light too!

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Well done Alex, I particularly like your before/after comparisons on weight so thanks for taking the time to do that. Those are the first HRE's that actually have me interested! :)

BTW...can I order a t-shirt from you guys? I want to represent SharkWerks since I love your company and the way you go about your products. Nicely done, and you can never share enough GT3 content with guys like me. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Blue car looks badass

·
Registered
42 Posts
very very nice cars/wheels there! :)

one question: What is with the exhaust on the green Porsche?
Decibel meters are probably on the passenger's side of their local track. Sending the exhaust towards the driver's side will "fool" the dB meter, keeping you under the decibel limit, enabling you to run a louder and less restrictive exhaust.

Love the Mexico GT3.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I prefer the stock wheels but that is pretty cool there are centerlock wheels coming in for street cars now.

·
i boost cars
83 Posts
Decibel meters are probably on the passenger's side of their local track. Sending the exhaust towards the driver's side will "fool" the dB meter, keeping you under the decibel limit, enabling you to run a louder and less restrictive exhaust.
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do want a t-shirt!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts