Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. When I was looking at some of your pictures on your sig's, I saw that most of you have different Intake Mani's, Looked like the 2jz manifold. If I do decide to get a bigger turbo, I don't really don't want to run my IC pipes over the hot turbo. I know I could use the heat resistant wrap, but IMO kinda looks tacky in a way, but it sure does the job. I'v seen some that have run the IC pipes on the left side of the strut. I just want to keep the air as cool as possible. Your input on this qwould be nice, should I reroute pipes over the strut like I have seen? Or Get the look a like 2jz intake mani? Thanks !:cool:

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
for me, the temperature thing was the least of my worries- the problem w/the stock piping is the HUGE length. this adds more lag and kills throttle response. i autox/road race and NEED snappy throttle response and mimimal lag, my piping setup/intake manifold did this. see my dyno sheets....

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Front Face intake, noquestion. Cooling and spooling.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Yup, less pipes with the 2j style setup. Less couplers and clamps. Increased throttle response too. The flow is just much much better. My turbo to IC pipe is ~2 feet. And the IC to throttle body pipe is only about a foot. Now, that's about equal to the stock fender to 3000 pipe alone :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it actually the 2jz mani?

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Enraged said:
Rons (jt2ma71) intake manifold is totally custom. do a search, he showed it in various stages of construction.

Ron, after lookin at your IC and endtanks, i think you might be able to benefit from different endtanks. heres a good link with some info

http://www.are.com.au/techtalk/intecoolersMR.htm#Tanks
Yeah, pretty aware of it :) I'll make new end tanks if I ever need to remove the IC or If I ever find the time :) Thanks.

Anyway, the manifold is not from 2J. But there has been discussions about different ones, particularly the 2J adapter last couple days...

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
dephtone said:
Is it actually the 2jz mani?
the 2 mani doesn't bolt up but I think a few have modified it extensively to fit.

The VAST majority though are 100% custom.

Edit... whoops... too slow on the draw... already answered befor me ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright. thanks for all your input, going to have to check some more on this thanks L:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts