Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been messin' around with ways to get better sounds and colder air out of my intake. A friend and i where looking under my hood and noitced a black peice that i guess connected to my factory air box (currently have K&N cone). It sits right behind the head light. we were trying to think of ways to take it because one of the screws sits under the head light. well, we ended up taking out my head light and removing this plastic thing. it appeard to be something that would bring air to the factory box but yet sat behind the head light not picking up any air at all. anyways... so we took it out and now i can stick my hand through the engine bay to the out side of my car (my hand comes through were a facotry intercooler would be) so I drove it around and it felt better. It felt strong with better throttle response. And now on cold nights it feels like could serious run a 14.5 with ease (best time being a 14.89). its amazing how much the car changes from night to day.

other mod:

I took of the silncer to the intake and replaced it with a PVC cap. (i put the cap in upside down so the when you look inside the intake it is flush were the silncer was.) tried that out, and it kinda feels like the car runs harder but it could be in my head. The sound changed significantly. At 3-4k the intake gets loud and deep and it sounds GREAT. you should have seen the loook on my face during the test drive:D

well i just thought i would let you all know. I highly recommend this mods to you all. I think you all will be happy with them. If you have a question ask away. sorry i cant take pics, i don't have a digi camara. take care!:cool:

Pat

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Mazx6 said:
well i have been messin' around with ways to get better sounds and colder air out of my intake... well, we ended up taking out my head light and removing this plastic thing. it appeard to be something that would bring air to the factory box but yet sat behind the head light not picking up any air at all. anyways... so we took it out and now i can stick my hand through the engine bay to the out side of my car...
other mod:

I took of the silncer to the intake and replaced it with a PVC cap. (i put the cap in upside down so the when you look inside the intake it is flush were the silncer was.) tried that out, and it kinda feels like the car runs harder but it could be in my head. The sound changed significantly. At 3-4k the intake gets loud and deep and it sounds GREAT. you should have seen the loook on my face during the test drive:D

Pat
where is the second screw to the headlight? i can see the one right away, but i havnt disconnected any bulbs and played around with it yet.
what size pvc cap did you use?
did you have to cut it or did it just pop right off?

thanks
Bob

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i wish i had a pic to show you where they were. First off taking out the headlight is very very very easy. There are 3 screws. You probably see the on to the right near the front bumper. If you pop your hood, where your factory box was (or still is) there will 2 screws to the left. you will have to kinda look but you can figure it out really easy. If you have anyother trouble just ask and i can explain more but you should beable to see;)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
what size pvc cap do i need to take off the silencer? 2 inch? 1.5? im going to do that as soon as i get some free time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts