Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been aching for a MKIV Supra since before I could drive and now with the JDM cars trickling into Canada I can finally afford one, so today on my lunch break I put a down payment in on a '93 NA, and a 2JZ-GTE complete motor with wiring harness, turbos, etc. (but no Getrag unfortunately).

I was really torn for the longest time between buying a TT or an NA, but in the end I figured I could put the 10K$ difference between the two cars into totally rebuilding the GTE with a decent single setup and try to find a 6spd and LSD to swap into the car next season, plus in the meantime I get to drive the car NA until while the GTE is on the bench.

Anyways just wanted to introduce myself, this purchase is a really big deal for me, this has been "the car" for as long as I've been into cars... and I'm looking forward to taking it out to the track and having some fun with it.

Going to pick the car up tomorrow after work! (Longest work day ever on the way I'm sure hahaha).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked my car up yesterday!

While I'm used to fast bikes (I race professionally on a 200rwhp GSXR1000), theres something about the feel and the sound of this thing that's sooo sweet. I can't wait to go NA-TT :idhitit:

The car needs so much little finnicky work (power locks sorta work - sorta don't, driver's seat doesn't go forward, exhaust isn't strapped in very well, clutch slips in 4th-5th gears, headlights and dash are sun-burnt, etc etc etc), but I can't wait to start tearing into it. This car's going on a diet! I see a real easy couple-hundred pounds... lol I'm used to hollowing out the titanium fastener's we use on the bikes, so I'm a bit... spoiled?? hahaha I see carbon fiber doors, hood, and hatch in my very immediate future!

Does anybody make stock-replica carbon fiber front fenders for the MKIV?

Oh man, I've got a lot of research ahead of me... :yum:

Pics soon! It's dark and rainy out there right now!

·
Registered
232 Posts
CONGRATS ON THE CAR ! where did you buy it if you dont mind me asking

If you need headlights PM me, I'm going to be doing the DIY blackout to them before I sell them if your interested.

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it from Japan Power Inc. located here in Ottawa. I've visited a few dealers out of Montreal but the fact that JPI was local, the car was as good as the other ones I saw, and JPI's staffers were just a bit more professional, I went with them.

I've dealt a lot of used motorcycles (buying and selling), so I've come to realise how much it's worth to deal with someone workable rather than dealing with an a-hole to save a couple bucks. I will do business with Japan Power again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the best pics but here she is:

With my helper/sponsor... still cold up here (snowing right now actually :doh: ) :

·
Registered
205 Posts
looks awesome man! I'm excited to monitor your progress on this. I am in the market for a Supra too, but I'm going with the TT edition. Well have to line up when both are done and see who's faster :p Meet you half way? say....Saskatchewan?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts